New (hopefully) suggestions

Brian

New (hopefully) suggestions

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi,

Still loving Cintanotes.

I was wondering if you would consider creating a Feature Status Page so we could see what features you plan to implement in the future.

This would prevent the same features being suggested repeatedly (hopefully the ones I suggest below haven't already been).

You could split it into categories like Planned Features, Rejected Features (with a short explanation as to why), Undecided, and possibly a section with ideas that you would like to implement but are as of yet unsure how (and maybe someone with the required knowledge would proffer their expertise)

Anyway, my feature requests:

1) A hotkey that will append the selected text to the end of the last captured note
(I suppose if clipping from a webpage, do not capture the second url in case of conflict?)

2) Hotkey to capture selected text and automatically open the note for editing with the focus set to the tags field. For quick entry of tags when clipping.

3) tag autocomplete. eg. if you have a film tag in a previous note, when you start to type film as a tag in a new note Cintanote offers it as a suggestion - ala excel etc.

4) option to use a sound file instead of the balloon tip with silent clipping. You can get some fairly non obtrusive sounds that would work well for this. Try the lifehacker program Texter for an example.

Also, I would like to reitterate support for previously requested features of "links within notes" and "notes listed from newest at top to oldest at bottom in main note window"

Thanks again for a great program.

Brian
tveulemans

Re: New (hopefully) suggestions

Postby tveulemans » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for an already great app!

I'd like to second two of Brian's suggestions: reverse sort order (most recent first) and tag autocomplete. It could also be useful to access a list of all tags used so far.

Kind regards,
Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Brian,

thanks for your feedback!

Regarding Feature Status page (or Roadmap how I call it), I'm thinking about it. There's a possibility that people will see that their favorite feature has low priority and will try to push it, distracting me from actual development. So maybe the right solution will be not to publish the priority. But then the people won't see when to expect the feature they want.. Needs more thought.

>1) A hotkey that will append the selected text to the end of the last captured note
>(I suppose if clipping from a webpage, do not capture the second url in case of conflict?)

Just use the "Merge" (Ctrl+M) command to merge a bunch of notes you captured into one. You'll see that it's not much less convenient than having another hotkey.

>2) Hotkey to capture selected text and automatically open the note for editing with the focus set to the tags field. For >quick entry of tags when clipping.

I agree that it's needed, but maybe I'll make it an option instead of a hotkey.

>3) tag autocomplete. eg. if you have a film tag in a previous note, when you start to type film as a tag in a new note >Cintanote offers it as a suggestion - ala excel etc.

Already on the roadmap.

>4) option to use a sound file instead of the balloon tip with silent clipping. You can get some fairly non obtrusive sounds >that would work well for this. Try the lifehacker program Texter for an example.

Good idea. I'll put it in the plan. But since it doesn't add a lot of functionality, it won't be implemented right away.

>Also, I would like to reitterate support for previously requested features of "links within notes" and "notes listed from >newest at top to oldest at bottom in main note window"

Duly noted;)
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Thomas, both features already in plan! Stay put for the new versions)
Alex
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Brian wrote:1) A hotkey that will append the selected text to the end of the last captured note
(I suppose if clipping from a webpage, do not capture the second url in case of conflict?)

Hi Brian,

I was once asking for this as well, but now think that once you get in the habit of using merge as Alex suggests things are much easier. It seems much simpler to just use one hot key to capture the note and move on to the next bit of info. Then come back later and organize which takes very little time. Select the notes, and merge! Don't get me wrong, I surf the net with Firefox and play solitaire without touching the mouse, but it really is fast and easy to merge!
-Todd

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”