Problem on Import/export

usered

Problem on Import/export

Postby usered » Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Hello,

A colleague wants to read my notes, so I made an xml and txt export.
When he imports my notes, he can just import the xml format and he has the message that there is no notes.

I use the 1.4.1 version, and he uses the 1.4.3

Do you have an idea to help me please?

see you, Thanks !
ale

Re: Problem on Import/export

Postby ale » Fri May 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello, first of all, if you export notes from CintaNotes and plan to import them back at a later stage to the same or another instance of CN on a different pc, the preferred method of exporting is using the XML file. Because the XML file retains 100% of the original informations.
Now I can't really tell from your description if you have a problem exporting notes or importing them back. So I will attach two screenshots and I kindly ask to compare them with your situation.

This screenshot shows a success in the export process. Please note that the number of exported notes is reported (1621 in my case).
export_success.png
export_success.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 5858 times

The second screenshot shows a success in the import process. Again the number of imported notes is reported.
import_success.png
import_success.png (7.02 KiB) Viewed 5858 times

So did you receive the first message and your number of exported notes is ok? and then, after importing, did you receive the second message? can you say the exact text you read or a screenshot of it? thanks!
usered

Postby usered » Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 am

Hello,

thanks for your answer.
The first step (export) is good. I have the same message.

The import step is good too!

I found the problem; I transfered the xml file to my colleague by email. And when I use a classic "copy-paste", it's ok, so the problem was the transfert by email.

Thanks, and Have a good afternoon!
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 am

Hi,

great that the issue is solved! Ale, huge thanks for helping!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”