Fresh install on Windows 7 - default options

danielson

Fresh install on Windows 7 - default options

Postby danielson » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Boy! Is it me, or has it been quiet here?

Anyway, i've re-installed my notebook and CN.
This time (failed to notice it before), the program already installed db into my default folder i had previously created:
notebook.file = C:\Users\user\Documents\Cintanotes\cintanotes.db

Wonder how it recognized the folder?
danielson

Re: Fresh install on Windows 7 - default options

Postby danielson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm

This is odd.

Just re-installed my notebook and all, yet CN didn't recognize my database folder this time.
Was thinking perhaps i have previously installed over existing version (can happen) but i don't recall the program stating so.

Just one of those things i guess.

Any hopes for an updated version on the horizon? :P
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 am

Hi Daniel,

as you know CintaNotes uses an InnoSetup installer. Turns out this is standard InnoSetup behavior, here is
an excerpt from the FAQ:

I've changed DefaultDirName in my script, yet when I run Setup it defaults to the directory I had before.

At startup Setup looks in the registry to see if the same application was already installed previously, and if so, it will use the directory of the previous installation as the default directory presented to the user in the wizard. If you uninstall the application and run Setup again, it will use the new DefaultDirName setting. If you wish to disable this feature, set UsePreviousAppDir to "no".

I'm currently working on the first commercial version 1.5 which will include text formatting support. Implementing this feature
properly turned out several times more complex than I have anticipated. Most probably the new version will come out no earlier than in the end of July. Sorry for disappointing news, but I always prefer to do things thoroughly since given the current complexity of the program doing otherwise would be equal to shooting yourself in the foot. I want CintaNotes to be a well polished product that can inspire and excite its users, and bug-ridden programs usually can't do that )
Alex
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 am

I'm currently working on the first commercial version 1.5 which will include text formatting support. Implementing this feature properly turned out several times more complex than I have anticipated. Most probably the new version will come out no earlier than in the end of July. Sorry for disappointing news, but I always prefer to do things thoroughly since given the current complexity of the program doing otherwise would be equal to shooting yourself in the foot. I want CintaNotes to be a well polished product that can inspire and excite its users, and bug-ridden programs usually can't do that )

Alex, That's good news, and not disappointing. Like you I prefer a polished product. Thanks for the update. Nod
Last edited by Noddy330 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danielson

Postby danielson » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Didn't know, now i do!

Looking forward to that "official" version Alex! :)
ale

Postby ale » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm

I think Daniel refers to the DB location, not to the CN location, so the explanation is... CintaNotes uninstall process doesn't delete the user settings file so if we modified the DB location there either manually or through the CintaNotes GUI, a subsequent reinstallation would pick these personalized settings. That said, keep up the good work Alex :) quality is preferred over quantity

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”