Hiding tasks. How do you mark tasks as 'done'?

urlwolf

Hiding tasks. How do you mark tasks as 'done'?

Postby urlwolf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 am

I'm trying to use cintanotes as a substitute for task warrior. That is, I need a simple list of tasks, that has simple, global shortcut capture. I use the title slot for storing the task. This makes CN display a nice list.

I do not use tags, because the fonts are big and break the continuity of the list. I do not use note text for the same reason (I could set the preview to zero lines, but that's overkill).

To complete a task, I just delete it.

I know people have suggested better ways using tags (example tagging it as 'done'), but for that I'd either want to hide the tags from the display in the list, or make the font tiny. I don't see a way to change the font size for the tags.

I'd like to keep completed tasks for posterity :). Deleting them is a bit rough. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Noddy330

Re: Hiding tasks. How do you mark tasks as 'done'?

Postby Noddy330 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 am

Urlwolf,
I use CN as a to-do list and as a note keeper.
Things to do are untagged, title only, normally with no body text, preview text lines set to 0 & 0 – using 'untagged' this give me a clean view (no tags) of one line per item.
Completed to do items are tagged – I can view these either by specific tag or using All. Although the tags are displayed this isn’t a problem for me.
Notes I wish to keep are also tagged.
Works for me.
Nod
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Hiding tasks. How do you mark tasks as 'done'?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Urlwolf,
thanks for the question and sorry it took me so long to reply.
You can consider exporting "done" tasks once a week to archive XML, and then deleting them from your main notebook.
This will all get a lot easier when the following tasks from the roadmap are implemented:

Recycle bin for notes
Tabs
Support for multiple notebook files
Archiving old notes

You might consider voting for the features above.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”