Dropbox can't sync because the file is busy

basstwo

Dropbox can't sync because the file is busy

Postby basstwo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I run two instances of CintaNotes. I have them both set up on DropBox. One of them works fine. I find that I have to exit out of the other one on one of my computers so that the database file gets unlocked. I used the same process to set them both up. They have the same settings (release file lock after 30 seconds of inactivity). What is wrong? I looked for the cintanotes.settings file to try to peek inside but it seems to be gone. Is it no longer used as of version 1.4.3?
ale

Re: Dropbox can't sync because the file is busy

Postby ale » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello, I can't really help because I don't use Dropbox, but I have a couple of observations: I believe the release file lock setting which is now exposed through the GUI is called "notebook.disconnect.seconds" in the cintanotes.settings file. For example notebook.disconnect.seconds = 30 means to release the lock after 30 seconds of inactivity.
Can you verify with a third party tool like OpenedFilesView that CintaNotes.exe keeps the cintanotes.db file locked and it's never released and if after adding/modifying notes, the last modified date of the db file changes? they should both happen without exiting CN.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”