[Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.1

Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.1 - Text format and historical mono

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Until 1.4.3 i used "Courier New" for editing text, because i wanted to be able to position my text in columns. With 1.5 i should be able to do so by using bullet lists. However i can not switch to a proportional font, because it would break all existing note formats. Maybe 1.5 should have introduced a font for editing new style notes.

I don't quite get now can bulleted lists help to maintain columns of text. Did you probably mean tab characters?

With monospace i can format my text as i like, e.g. a little code snippet. Also i use monospace for lists, e.g.
* my first line
* my second line

One can replace this by using bullet lists and a non-monospace-font. However i think neither will work for me. Thus i will stick to courier new and maybe use bold, underscore to highlight text. Maybe sometimes a bullet list can help. But text formatting is not a big thing to me. To get it right, one might have a font for individual characters, lines, paragraphs. But this is beyond cintanotes design philosophy. No problem. I still love CintaNotes. The more important feature to me (for which i posted a request) is the ability to have changed/updated notes to appear on top of the list again. That is, a modified date must be available for sorting notes.
ale

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.1

Postby ale » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 am

oded wrote:I've tried downloading and installing at least 5 times.
No success :oops:

Were you able to check the file hashes? anyway a basic test is to see if the file is truncated, i.e. if it has the right size and you don't need to install anything, just left click te file choose properties then the general tab and there you can read the file size that has to be 1.071.477 bytes
mhf

Postby mhf » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 am

mhf wrote:Thanks alex !!! At last someone that keeps their word.

But it looks as though the servers are overloaded - my downloads won't start ! :D

It's OK - I downloaded from the site : no problem - but the links (which are the same) didn't want to work via the forum ! :?

I'll be back with comments.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 pm

I think I know what's wrong - I've used a non-Unicode version of InnoSetup. You have a non-English Windows, right?
Please try re-downloading now, I've updated the setup file.
Alex
oded

Postby oded » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:

I think I know what's wrong - I've used a non-Unicode version of InnoSetup. You have a non-English Windows, right?
Please try re-downloading now, I've updated the setup file.

YES!!
Works flawlessly now :D :D
Thank you so much Alex for your help.
Much appreciated.

Oded.
Last edited by oded on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 pm

oded wrote:YES!!
Works flawlessly now :D :D
Thank you so much Alex for your help.
Much appreciated.

Welcome, glad I could help!)
Alex
Gerard

Postby Gerard » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Over the years I have purchased quite a few applications that I thought were impressive, but Cintanotes is one of the few that I actually use all day long. Nice looking, handy, fast, and above all without the slightest hint of bloatware. And it is still free, that's unbelievable. It certainly will balance the scales to be able to buy it. Great update, Alex. Cheers.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:42 am

Gerard wrote:Over the years I have purchased quite a few applications that I thought were impressive, but Cintanotes is one of the few that I actually use all day long. Nice looking, handy, fast, and above all without the slightest hint of bloatware. And it is still free, that's unbelievable. It certainly will balance the scales to be able to buy it. Great update, Alex. Cheers.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Gerard! I only hope that the commercial version will allow me to ditch all other projects in favor of full-time work on CintaNotes.))
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.1 - Text format and historical mono

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:The more important feature to me (for which i posted a request) is the ability to have changed/updated notes to appear on top of the list again. That is, a modified date must be available for sorting notes.

I also think this is essential functionality, so you can expect this in one of the next versions.
Alex
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 am

Text Formatting - Copy & Paste Funnies

I created some formatted text in CintaNotes – Bold, italics, underline, strikeout, monospace, highlighting, bulleted lists & numbered lists

I did Copy & Paste, from CintaNotes, to WORD - all formatting was copied OK

I did Copy & Paste, from WORD, into new record in CintaNotes - I lost monospace & highlighting

I did Clip, from Word - I lost bold, italic, underline, strikeout, monospace & highlighting

Is this as expected?

Nod
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi Noddy,

I did Copy & Paste, from WORD, into new record in CintaNotes - I lost monospace & highlighting

This seems to be a bug, thanks! Will fix this in the next update.

I did Clip, from Word - I lost bold, italic, underline, strikeout, monospace & highlighting

Unfortunately I haven't implemented this yet(
This is a feature with a nontrivial implementation. This is related to retaining formatting when you clip
from web pages. I will try to include in the next update copying from sources which put RTF data into clipboard (Word is
such a source).
With HTML data it will be much more complicated, but eventually it will be implemented as well.
Alex
Midas

Postby Midas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Late to the show, as always, but... GREAT NEWS! :mrgreen:
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Midas, extremely glad to see you!)
Alex
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:42 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi Noddy,

This seems to be a bug, thanks! Will fix this in the next update.

Unfortunately I haven't implemented this yet(
This is a feature with a nontrivial implementation. This is related to retaining formatting when you clip
from web pages. I will try to include in the next update copying from sources which put RTF data into clipboard (Word is
such a source).
With HTML data it will be much more complicated, but eventually it will be implemented as well.

Alex,
Thanks, the clip stuff is no big deal for me, but I'd like to see copy & paste working.
PS: Like the highlight feature - much easier than Word
PPS: Copy & paste within a note loses some formatting also.
PPPS: Hmmm, just pasted some coloured text into a note and it retained its colour. Click on OK, to save, and re-opened and the colouring was gone. Strange.
Nod

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”