tagbar

gritchge

tagbar

Postby gritchge » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you for cintanotes, i am using it every day.

a suggestion about the tag bar:
on M8 version, CTRL-click on a tag select notes containing selected tag.

Could it be possible that a CTRL-clicking on a tag hide all the tag which are not associated to the clicked tag and revele only brother-tags of the selected tag.
Continuing CTRL-click selection on a other tag will reduce the choice of brother-tags.

Thank you again for your work
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: tagbar

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm

gritchge wrote:Thank you for cintanotes, i am using it every day.

a suggestion about the tag bar:
on M8 version, CTRL-click on a tag select notes containing selected tag.

Could it be possible that a CTRL-clicking on a tag hide all the tag which are not associated to the clicked tag and revele only brother-tags of the selected tag.
Continuing CTRL-click selection on a other tag will reduce the choice of brother-tags.

Thank you again for your work

Hello and thanks for the suggestion! I agree that the problem exists: tag sidebar gets crowded with totally unrelated tags. However I don't quite agree with your solution, because it introduces hidden modes, and this is not good UI design ("gosh where did all my tags go? aaah, I ctrl-clicked 15 minutes ago...").
I think a better solution would be to combine several things:
1) The tag sidebar will specially highlight tags which are related to the currently active (= there are notes having both).
2) When note category tabs come along, tags will be _local_ to the currently active tab (There might also be global tags as well, but local tags will be there 100%). Thus it will greatly reduce tag clutter.
3) Ability to group tags (in the commerical version). Possibly automatic grouping of tags like "people/adam" and "people/bob" (based on the "/", ":" characters). Haven't thought this out yet, but I think generally it is a good idea. Just one level of grouping, to avoid complexity.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”