[Ann] Cintanotes 1.5.1 - 1.5.2 translations

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] Cintanotes 1.5.1 - 1.5.2 translations

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:39 am

Hi,

want to ask anyone interested to help translating the current version of CintaNotes on Transifex. At this moment only 5 translations out of 21 are fully updated.

In a week or two I plan to release an update 1.5.2 with a number of small fixes and enhancements. It would be great to include the updated translations into it. Huge thanks in advance to all contributors!
Alex
ale

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 1.5.1 - 1.5.2 translations

Postby ale » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello, there is a little problem with the UI where we set max and min numer of lines of preview. Text can be cut (1) with long words. I tried to understand how the words and the input boxes shifts and maybe the problem can be worked around using spaces and shortening words (2, 3). However it may be a (minor) problem because for example I tried a couple more languages with their actual translations (polish, french, 4 and 5) and I see space for an improvement :-)
OS in the example is Windows 7 64 bit
Attachments
test.png
test.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 5386 times
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 am

Yes, I admit that the layout of this line is problematic. The layout gets distorted because of the length of "massimo". I'll try to fix this in the next update. For the time being, could you try replacing them with Italian equivalents to "from - to", maybe they are shorter ?
Alex
ale

Postby ale » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 am

Sure, I changed them with the english form. I reported the glitch because it seemed problematic with more than one language.
Alex for the future, keep in mind that english is a very compact language and text in other languages usually need a bit more space. But this is a common problem in software, I saw a lot of occurrences of clipped text for my language in other applications.
Thanks, keep up the good work

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”