Roadmap suggestion

Kallist0

Roadmap suggestion

Postby Kallist0 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello,

I did cast my vote for 'Shortcut to open a second instance of the current notebook', but I can't comment without getting junk mail, so...

I think CintaNotes is a real slick app, I have the desktop version installed on my notebook and the portable version on a flash drive, but it's a real drag shutting down one instance and launching the other. Slick as CintaNotes is, I would like real boundaries provided by multiple instances. Personally, I would like four instances: Personal/Rolodex and Work/Rolodex. The latter pair would reside in a True Crypt container on my flash drive, which I back-up every night.

I would like to keep CintaNotes fast and light as possible, but I would like the addition of a task tray right-click menu to select which instance(s) I want to use. Also, I would like to automate manually selected export/import .xml sessions between instances.

Finally, I would like to see a PortableApps version of CintaNotes, that way I would be sure of having the latest version.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Roadmap suggestion

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 am

Hi and thanks for the suggestions!

I suggest you vote on the following items on the roadmap:
Different color icons for different instances of CN and Shortcut to open a second instance of the current notebook items on the roadmap.

I also added the ability to switch between instances as a separate idea:
Switching between CN instances using tray menu

Also, I would like to automate manually selected export/import .xml sessions between instances.

This I didn't quite understand, could please describe it in more detail?

I would like to see a PortableApps version of CintaNotes

Do you know how can I get CN in there?
Thanks
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”