CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.5

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Please welcome the new CintaNotes version!! :mrgreen:

Feb 7, 2012 - Version 1.5.5

Features:
  • Configuring how the note's timestamp is displayed in the notes list
    You can set whether creation of modification time should be displayed (or both), and also if the time of day needs to be displayed.
  • Searching by modification time
    New search mode has been added.
Enhancements:
  • Improved speed of XML import and export.
  • Display of note creation and modification time in the editor
    (You can turn this off using the "editor.displaydates" parameter in cintanotes.settings.)
Fixes:
  • Main window was not visible after single tray icon click if "Minimize to tray" was not set.
  • USB stick could not be safely removed after note import or export.
  • Importing .db could modify the source file if it was from an older CintaNotes version.
  • Note last modification date was not exported to XML and imported from it
    In order to export to an XML file readable by CintaNotes 1.5.4 and earlier, you need to use the special "XML for CintaNotes 1.5.4" format.
  • Sort order by modification date was broken after importing from XML.
  • Note's modification time always changed if note had a styled link.
  • Text search could crash the app
    When maximum text preview lines was set to 1.
  • It was impossible to select an italic font in the Note Appearance dialog.

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_1_5_5_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_1_5_5.zip
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.5.5

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi Alex,

thank's for the latest update. I appreciate much and am happy about the enhancements. :D
There are some minor issues that i would like to state:

1.) Export

• When exporting to Unicode text, the modification date is not exported.
  • As for the new XML format, i would have chosen a different format for the date/time settings. Example for 1.5.5 <created="20111004T105646">. I would have prefered something more similar to 1.5.4 format, e.g. <date_created="2011-10-04"> and <time_created="10:56:46">. Separate entities are easier to handle when using in other applications.

2.) Date display in note editor

I would have prefered date display one below the other, e.g.
04.10.2011 10:56
07.02.2012 18:06

This come's in more handy when comparing the two. I think there is enough space in the editor to do so.

Thomas
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Update: When a note get's saved by using Ctrl+S the modification date should be updated. This is true for both (a) creating a new note and (b) saving an existing note.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 am

Hi Thomas,
huge thanks for your feedback!

When exporting to Unicode text, the modification date is not exported.

This is by design. In the near future an Export dialog will be added which will allow to select which fields need to be included.

As for the new XML format, i would have chosen a different format for the date/time settings. Example for 1.5.5 <created="20111004T105646">. I would have prefered something more similar to 1.5.4 format, e.g. <date_created="2011-10-04"> and <time_created="10:56:46">. Separate entities are easier to handle when using in other applications.

Well, you may be right here, but the problem is that "the deed is done" - the program is released and it means that I'm bound to support this XML format in the future. And I don't want to create yet another format. I think parsing the standard ISO datetime format should not be that hard, also this is what XML specs recommend to use.

I agree, will include it in the next update.

When a note get's saved by using Ctrl+S the modification date should be updated. This is true for both (a) creating a new note and (b) saving an existing note.

This is clearly a bug, I'll fix it soon and put the fixed version here. Of course the fix will also be included into the next release.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 am

Here is the fixed version. Just replace the cintanotes.exe file.
Attachments
cintanotes_1_5_5F1.rar
(698.26 KiB) Downloaded 2143 times
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
As for the new XML format...
Well, you may be right here, but the problem is that "the deed is done" - the program is released and it means that I'm bound to support this XML format in the future. And I don't want to create yet another format. I think parsing the standard ISO datetime format should not be that hard, also this is what XML specs recommend to use.
Agreed. No problem. I was just thinking for using the exported file in scenarios, where parsing is not possible.

I agree, will include it in the next update.

When a note get's saved by using Ctrl+S the modification date should be updated. This is true for both (a) creating a new note and (b) saving an existing note.
This is clearly a bug, I'll fix it soon and put the fixed version here. Of course the fix will also be included into the next release.

Wonderful!!!!!! Amazing Alex, the whole issue of introducing a modification date is completed now. Sorting and therefore showing updated notes at the top of the list, displaying the mod.date in the search list, displaying creation and modification date in the notes editor. Just great! :D Thanx a lot :D

1.5.5 F1 is definitely my version to use :D

Thomas
op9009

Postby op9009 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 am

thanks,1.5.5 has a problem(runtime error) when i creat a new note,1.5.5f1 is already fixed it.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 am

Thomas wrote:Agreed. No problem. I was just thinking for using the exported file in scenarios, where parsing is not possible.

Well even in this case you can define an XSL transform that will do the required parsing.

Thomas wrote:Wonderful!!!!!! Amazing Alex, the whole issue of introducing a modification date is completed now. Sorting and therefore showing updated notes at the top of the list, displaying the mod.date in the search list, displaying creation and modification date in the notes editor. Just great! :D Thanx a lot :D

You're welcome! It certainly feels good to deviler a nicely rounded-up feature with all the aspects covered ;)
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:09 am

op9009 wrote:thanks,1.5.5 has a problem(runtime error) when i creat a new note,1.5.5f1 is already fixed it.

Wow, could you please describe the error in more detail?
This will determine if I need to wrap up 1.5.5 F1 into 1.5.6 and release it as a hotfix!
Alex
op9009

Postby op9009 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:21 am

op9009 wrote:thanks,1.5.5 has a problem(runtime error) when i creat a new note,1.5.5f1 is already fixed it.

Wow, could you please describe the error in more detail?
This will determine if I need to wrap up 1.5.5 F1 into 1.5.6 and release it as a hotfix!

i'm sorry that i found none error when i use the 1.5.5 again.may be just because my database error.
the contents of the log.txt is:
Started logging
10:21:48 ui::wndProc ERROR:class db::DatabaseException
SQLite Error 11:
database disk image is malformed
:roll:
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 am

i'm sorry that i found none error when i use the 1.5.5 again.may be just because my database error.
the contents of the log.txt is:
Started logging
10:21:48 ui::wndProc ERROR:class db::DatabaseException
SQLite Error 11:
database disk image is malformed

That's odd, what could possible happen to the database disk image? :?
All right, huge thanks for the info, let's wait if there are any more reports like this one.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”