A better way for multiple notebook files, IMO

somebuddy

A better way for multiple notebook files, IMO

Postby somebuddy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your great work! I use CintaNotes frequently and hope it could be better!

In my case, I used to use a .txt file to take notes in each folder. For example, I have 3 folders: movies, games, news, then there should be 3 txt files beneath them: movies.txt, games.txt, news.txt. When I began to use CintaNotes, I had to make 3 CintaNotes' copies in these 3 folder.

So I had been thinking, if CintaNotes could open up the .db in the same way in which notepad.exe open up the .txt, that should be more convenient - just a double-clicks on the movies.db(or maybe movies.cin), and I could create a new db file anywhere without thinking about the location of CintaNotes.

btw: Babylon translator's ocr function don't work for CintaNotes' main windows when ClearType is turned on(but works ok in the edit window). Would you please fix it?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: A better way for multiple notebook files, IMO

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:22 am

Hi sumebuddy, thanks for your message!
I suggest you check out the 1.6 beta version from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1267

If you register it as described there, you will get a list of opened notebooks under "File" menu, and will be able to
quickly switch between them, and even copy/cut/paste notes from one into another.

Associating CintaNotes with the .db extension (or some other, more unique) is a good idea, I'll ponder on it.
Regarding Babylon: I'm afraid nothing can be done here in the short-term, requires implementing accessibility interfaces, what is not quite trivial. Please add it as a request to the roadmap, and if there will be many votes will think further;) Thanks.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”