need some help

Tony

need some help

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:05 am

I just posted a question as a new topic, but didn't see it anywhere...I'm new here.

Maybe you can help me with my question regarding database settings and backup. Here is what I posted and have no clue where it went :

Ok, I've had Cinta before, and stopped using it for some reason. Now I recently started using it again and started with version 1.5.5 and set up a few tagged notes. After downloading the next version, 1.5.7, I seem to have lost all my notes. So, I copied the database from the earlier version to the later one and saw my notes, but they just didn't look the same. It didn't have the bold font for the titles and the font seemed smaller.

I'd like to know how to recreate or preserve my settings from one update version to another.
Also, I have no clue where the backup is happening. How do I find out where Cinta is backing my files to???

Any help would be appreciated!

Tony
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: need some help

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 am

Hi Tony,

I can see your topic here.
Thomas is absolutely correct regarding the file locations, but they apply only if you have installed CintaNotes into the "Program Files" folder, as the installer suggests. If you have installed it into some other folder, or are using the portable version, the files are located in the same folder as cintanotes.exe itself.
Hope this helps!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”