[Ann] CintaNotes 1.6 Beta 3

ChrisCN

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.6 Beta 3

Postby ChrisCN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:as Chris has already reported there is another bug with the search.
Example:
Title: Word1
Text: Word2
Now search for [Word1 Word2]. With SIW OFF you will find the note. With SIW ON the note will not be found.
I confirm, we have managed to make it work also with SIW ON. But it will be working only for title and text, not other fields.
Great - I can confirm that it is working now (between title and note text).

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I don't see why is this strange. "Anywhere" means "Any of the fields must match the search query as a whole", not "All parts of search query must be matched by any of the fields".
I don't consider this to be a bug.
I hope this only means you are not considering it as 'has to be fixed immediately' - but may consider it as a new feature in a future release!?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 am

ChrisCN wrote:I hope this only means you are not considering it as 'has to be fixed immediately' - but may consider it as a new feature in a future release!?

Of course I will, but right now I don't see any way of implementing it without severe performance degradation.
Only with tags it seems to be halfway possible via pre-analyzing the search query.
Alex
ChrisCN

Postby ChrisCN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 am

Just noticed an interessting behaviour:

If I have the tags ".task" and ".done"
and enter in the search field: ".task don" and hit CTRL+Enter
>> CN limits the note list to BOTH tags

This is GREAT :)
but only works if the first tag is completely written like it is.
So entering parts of the tags only work for the last tag!

"task done" + CTRL+Enter won't give this cool result :(

Question 1: Is this by intention? (I like it very much)
Question 2: Could this behaviour be extended to also work if only parts of the tags are used?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Chris,

yes this is by intention, although it's the effect of another enhancement: Ctrl+Enter now works also when you
only hightlight tag in suggestion list.

Of course it is possible to extend this behavior like you suggest. I think this is a really cool idea.
But this will already be released only in 1.7
Alex
ChrisCN

Postby ChrisCN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Of course it is possible to extend this behavior like you suggest. I think this is a really cool idea. But this will already be released only in 1.7
Nice to hear you like it. I submitted an even more advanced idea like this to the roadmap:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/105 ... -for-tags/
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I don't see why is this strange. "Anywhere" means "Any of the fields must match the search query as a whole", not "All parts of search query must be matched by any of the fields".
I don't consider this to be a bug.

Obviously we have different views on this. When searching i consider all string fields of the note as one text only. They are organized for editing in different strings only.

As CN now supports searching in title and text, e.g. [new text] you (partly) agreed, don't you?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Well I agree that this can be convenient, but I don't agree that not supporting this is a bug)
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:39 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Well I agree that this can be convenient, but I don't agree that not supporting this is a bug)
Understood :D

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”