[Ann] Bits Du Jour promotion is live!

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] Bits Du Jour promotion is live!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 am

Just wanted to share some news:
CintaNotes is on Bits Du Jour today!
This is a unique opportunity to get the Personal license for $4.99. It won't get lower than that ;)
Alex
edNadie

Re: [Ann] Bits Du Jour promotion is live!

Postby edNadie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 am

Payproglobal refused to process my bdj order because I refused to supply my personal phone number and home address -- this is when paying with paypal not a credit card. I've ordered software and other items from hundreds of places with paypal without needing to supply unnecessary personal information. I request you use a sales company that allows paypal to function as intended.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 am

Hi edNadie,

sorry to hear about the problem. I've written to PPG asking them for clarification.
In the meanwhile if I can have your PayPal email address, I'll send you a direct invoice.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 am

I've sent you a PayPal invoice to the address you have in your profile.
Alex
Dude

Postby Dude » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 am

Crappp! I missed it!!!

I sincerely hope the promotion was a success. You have a great product here and that was a good way of spreading the word. Cheers!
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks a lot, Dude! Yes it definitely was a success.
BitsDuJours guys said they will gladly to do a re-run 4-6 months from now, since
"CintaNotes was a hit among our customers".

Also you can still take advantage of the 25% discount here.

However as I already said we plan to increase the price after the 1.7 release,
so if you are considering purchasing a license, it doesn't make sense to wait for too long.

Also if you often buy software on BitsDuJour, to support us, please consider buying through our affiliate link:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/saf=512105/

Here is a link to subscribe to BDJ discounts:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/subscribe/saf=512105/

Thanks a lot!
Alex
Dude

Postby Dude » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks Alex for the heads up.

Would you consider offering a lifetime license? I've read (just some posts here and there) that such a business model is actually unprofitable. (Although apps like Total Commander, Sandboxie, AdMuncher, XYplorer, etc, which offer lifetime licenses still seem to be thriving. I'm not qualified at all to comment about the matter but it would be nice to have an option).

I'd still be purchasing a license either way, seeing a responsive and approachable developer has always made me feel that I'm getting my money's worth for a software purchase.

Best of luck to you and CintaNotes 8-)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 am

Dude, thanks for the kind words!
About the lifetime license: do you mean free updates for unlimited time? If so, this is hardly probable. This is like buying a Windows 1.0 license and expecting to get Windows 7 Ultimate for it ;) You are right, it is unprofitable, and many developers sooner or later cancel this policy (some story with USB Safely Remove comes to mind, I think Kranor can tell more here).
So I better put it firmly upfront: no lifetime licenses. On the upside, you can count on a nice discount for the license renewal :)
Alex
kranor

Postby kranor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote: (some story with USB Safely Remove comes to mind, I think Kranor can tell more here).

GRRRRRR USB safely remove GRRRRRRR sorry about that minor relapse there.....

USB safely remove was a lovely little bit of software......whenever possible I use software from smaller developers to encourage innovation, And I will quite happily part with cash for a well maintained, well thoughtout piece of software.
So I hand over the cash for a Lifetime license and post lots of praise.....within weeks they decide that the lifetime model does not give them enough money, but of course they can't let down their customers.......can they?
So they basically stop all updates, create a new piece of software, that has all of the same features with a new pricing model and a refusal to cut old customers over to the new software.

Now if they had started with a similar model to Cinta, everyone would know where they stand from the start, but by changing software name and starting a new model they lost a huge amount of future customers and credit from old customers...

ut safely remove customers can get the new software a special discounted price!!!!!!!! Exactly the same price we paid originally for lifetime updates, or we can stay on the old software and gradually see features removed and support eroded

as I said ...........GRRRRRRRRRR :x :x

Anyway I am Cinta happy now so who cares :D :D :D :D :D
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks for the story, Kranor! I didn't know that they had actually pulled the "rename your software" trick ;)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”