[Ann] CintaNotes 1.7 Beta 2

Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.7 Beta 2

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Imo, this feature comes in hot.
I agree this was a kind of a hasty implementation, but the temptation was just too big, it being simple to implement and me knowing that another release will be only in September in the best case scenario..

I understand (as a developer ;) ). My review might not have covered the fact, that while giving skeptical feedback, i am happy with the fact of having the feature picked up and implemented straightaway.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:For now, I've decided to do the following - the best what I can given the circumstances:
1) Add an item to the tag sidebar's context menu that would reflect the current mode.

I hope it doesn't take away much space and is not too prominent, though.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:2) Double-click won't switch the mode by default any more, it will be given back the meaning to unfold/fold the tree.
However an option will be added in the settings file to enable switching modes on double-click. Chris is right, this drill-down effect is just too convenient to leave out.

Ok, but how will we enable the feature then? Will you add a menu item with a shortcut?

CintaNotes Developer wrote:3) Implement keeping clicked tag on its place, so that at least the selection wouldn't jump when it's possible. (It could be done even better if
we would allow listing tags not from the top, but this is too complex to implement now).

I can hardly imagine, what this will look like. Waiting for the implementation to test.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:All in all, this seems to me to be a good and solid approach for introducing the feature in a relatively safe manner.

Will there be a simple method of moving backwards? I don't mean the complete feature, which you mentioned on the roadmap. A simple method would do job for the moment, e.g. backspace to move back. The feature could be revised, once (somewhere in the far future) the "big picture" comes to live using a general backward/forward history.

Thomas Lohrum wrote:As for hiding non-related tags, this should be a general option for the tag-sidebar.
Do you mean that this mode should be remembered as a setting?

Yes. I thougt Chris had this on the roadmap, but wasn't able to find such a post right now.

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Both notepad and wordpad! Never had problems editing the settings file before. I closed my cn instance before editing the file.
Can you reproduce this?

I was able to do so, when i migrated from 1.6.2. Now i did a test, while my database is already in 1.7 format. The bug isn't reproducable in that case. Now i can see, that tag groups are made visible by separating letters using a thicker line.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”