Quick Question

Scientific Frontline

Quick Question

Postby Scientific Frontline » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm

I e-mailed yet never received a response, so though I'd try here.

Dear Cinta Notes,
I have one quick question about the Pro version. Will it copy text links as useable links, I know the free version doesn't; yet I could not find or overlooked if the Pro version will do so.

Also any discounts to non-profit organizations.
Sincerely,
Heidi-Ann Kennedy
SibRich

Re: Quick Question

Postby SibRich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 am

Hello,

I replied to your email earlier today. For the forum, here is the answer:

By “Text Links” do you mean website urls? If you clip the text www.helloworld.com CintaNotes (both Free and Pro) will pick it up as a link and highlight it. You do have to open the note to be able to click the link, but from the note editor, you can double click a link to open it.

If you look under the Options Menu, the Editor sub-menu allows you to modify this functionality so single clicks will open the link.

I have provided a discount code by email. Let me know if you have any problems.

Richard
Mark S.

Postby Mark S. » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 pm

I think the question is: When you copy or clip text from a web page, are the links retained as links?

Sadly, the answer appears to be "No." -- at least with all the clipping I've done. If the text on the web page happens to appear in URL format then CN will recognize it as a url, but otherwise that information is discarded.

Mark
Scientific Frontline

Postby Scientific Frontline » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Thank you greatly Richard, and yes Mark was right as far as my inquiry and is a feature that would be of great value.

Yet Cinta Notes is a worthy product even without.
SibRich

Postby SibRich » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 am

If you use Ctrl-F12 to clip text from a browser, the url where the text was taken is copied to the Link field of the note. That url can then be opened by selecting the note in the notes list and pressing F7 (or selecting the Browse Link option from the context menu). This is supported in both Free and Paid versions.

This does rely on the application you are clipping from providing this information to CintaNotes so we can't alwasy get the link. It works with the major browsers and even Microsoft Word (so you can reopen the original file - if it's still in the same place).
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

Hi all,

thanks Richard for stepping in. Mark actually has been correct about CintaNotes not yet being able to parse HTML for links.
This is however quite high on the roadmap and is likely to be implemented in the future versions.
Please vote here to increase this feature's priority even more.
Alex
Scientific Frontline

Postby Scientific Frontline » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi all,

This is however quite high on the roadmap and is likely to be implemented in the future versions.
Please vote here to increase this features' priority even more.

Voted and look forward to seeing this feature.
Thanks,
Heidi-Ann

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”