What about using a Funambol server for IOS/Android sync?

NBDriggers

What about using a Funambol server for IOS/Android sync?

Postby NBDriggers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Does anyone know if this is possible? It looks like an Android/IOS app is way, way down the list of priorities at the moment. But Cinta is hands-down my very favorite notekeeping system, and I'd love to be able to access it on my Android.

Here's a description of the services offered by Funambol from their website:

OneMediaHub syncs several types of data and content across mobile devices via the cloud out-of-the-box, including:

Personal information management (PIM) data such as contacts (address books), calendar (agenda), tasks and notes
Rich media e.g. pictures and videos; and
Files of virtually any type, including music, pdfs and other documents

OneMediaHub uses a sophisticated cloud sync engine that is designed to sync any data with any device. OneMediaHub solutions deployed by Funambol customers have been extended to sync additional items such as email, SMS messages and other data commonly found on mobile devices. In this regard, OneMediaHub makes it possible to sync virtually any data with any device.

Note that not all data and content can be synced on all devices. This may be due to device limitations that prevent some data from being accessed. In general though, Funambol strives to sync the same data and content across smartphones, tablets, computers and other mobile devices.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: What about using a Funambol server for IOS/Android sync?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi NBDriggers,
thanks for your input!

I agree that the problem of accessing notes on mobile devices is a very high priority issue.
I suggest you vote for SimpleNote sync support, since this is already quite high on the roadmap.
When SimpleNote sync is implemented, adding other sync providers having an open API would be a much, much easier
task.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”