New to CintaNotes, question about Tags

tlb

New to CintaNotes, question about Tags

Postby tlb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm

I just installed the free version of CintaNotes yesterday--I was looking for simple, straightforward note software that did not force me to go online--like Evernote for example. So far, with my little bit of playing, I think CintaNotes is going to work for me and I will probably buy the personal license.

I have never used Tags before--the old software I've been using for notes doesn't have an option like that--so, I added a tag to one note but now the tag is displayed just under the note title in the note list display--I have set Options > Notes List > Preview Text Lines min and max set to 0 (zero) so without tags I just see a list of note titles.

Is there a way to NOT display the tag in the notes list? I can't find an option to do that.

Thank you!

Terrie
ChrisCN

Re: New to CintaNotes, question about Tags

Postby ChrisCN » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 am

As far as I know this is not possible at the moment (I even checked the Advanced Configuration settings).
But you can submit a suggestion to the roadmap and see how others like this option:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

tlb

Postby tlb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:40 pm

ChrisCN: As far as I know this is not possible at the moment (I even checked the Advanced Configuration settings).
Thanks so much for checking. I wasn't sure if I had missed something. Thanks for the link to the roadmap...I'll take a browse--Nod's link covers exactly the way I'd like things to work...'-}}

Terrie
tlb

Postby tlb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Nod: Probably covered by this
Thanks for that...as I noted in my reply to Chris, that's exactly the way I'd like things to work...I'll add my comment there...

Terrie
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Chris, Noddy, thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Terrie, welcome to the forum and thanks for your question!
Yes, this function has unfortunately not yet been implemented.
It is indeed covered by the "Different view modes: Minimal, Compact, Normal" item on the roadmap.
More than that, it will also have the "inline" mode for tags, where tags are displayed on the same line as the title.

So if you don't mind, I'll merge your request into the old one. Since it has more votes, this way it will get to implementation much sooner.
Alex
tlb

Postby tlb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Alex: Hi Terrie, welcome to the forum and thanks for your question!
Thank you...

>>More than that, it will also have the "inline" mode for tags, where tags are displayed on the same line as the title.

That would also work nicely for me...'-}}

>>So if you don't mind, I'll merge your request into the old one. Since it has more votes, this way it will get to implementation much sooner.

Works for me. Thanks!!!

Terrie
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 pm

tlb wrote:
Nod: Probably covered by this
Thanks for that...as I noted in my reply to Chris, that's exactly the way I'd like things to work...I'll add my comment there...

Terrie

Tlb,
Just what I would like as well
Nod
tlb

Postby tlb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Nod: Just what I would like as well
Great minds think alike...'-}}

Terrie

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”