CintaNotes database....

laajr

CintaNotes database....

Postby laajr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Does the daily, weekly, monthly database backup indicate the current date when viewing the files? (When viewing these files, the date of the file still shows the first day that i set up Cintanotes and not the current date). I want to insure that I'm backing up the data.

Thanks
Thomas Lohrum

Re: CintaNotes database....

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Did you check the size of the files? They should be the same as your actual database. With my own backups the file date is the current date. I think you look at the wrong backup folder. Check your database folder and the related backup folder.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm

The last modified date of these files should be recent, otherwise it's either wrong files or backup is turned off.
Please check the "backup.folder" parameter in the cintanotes.settings file to see what the active backup location is.
Alex
laajr

Postby laajr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks for the feedback. I moved the backup file to a different partition and for some reason I am not seeing updates to the hourly, daily, weekly files. My main database file is updating. I moved it back to the default folder and it updated once after I rebooted. Since then, it hasn't updated. I might re-install to see if that fixes the problem....

Anything else I might be missing?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:10 pm

That's strange. I know that's a silly question, but I guess you've checked that backup is enabled in the 'File/Backup' submenu?
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”