[Closed][Administrative] Moderators needed!

User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

[Closed][Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 am

Hey guys,

well as you see the forum has grown quite a bit, which is heartwarming on one hand, and
also a bit time-consuming on the other;) And though I feel that the newly introduced rules
have made life easier, I still need help from you in order to be able to concentrate more
on developing CintaNotes.

This forum needs moderators to help people abide by the rules (which we will discuss and
refine in a separate thread).

Signing up as a moderator is strictly voluntary. If you read this forum regularly, and wouldn't
mind to help out, I'd be most grateful, and, well.. you'll get the new version of CN sooner :))
I think having 2-3 moderators will be enough at this time.

This is not whoever signs up first. I reserve the right to select who gets the
moderator badges. The preference will be given to people who have contributed the most.
Eligible are all forum members having 3 posts or more.
This sign-up will be running for several days.

Thanks in advance!

UPD: The sign-up is closed.
Alex
kranor
Moderator
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby kranor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 am

If this is the dotted line then sign me up!!!!!

One willing Mod standing by.......... :D

Might i also suggest mods from different time zones. This would give you nearly 24hr mod coverage. For instance 1 from the states 1 from western europe 1 from asia/australasia
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Noddy330
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby Noddy330 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 am

Can you say a bit more on what this will entail please.
Nod
toddclausen
Moderator
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby toddclausen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:32 pm

kranor wrote:Might i also suggest mods from different time zones. This would give you nearly 24hr mod coverage. For instance 1 from the states 1 from western europe 1 from asia/australasia

Great idea Kranor! From time to time spammers have visited our fair forum and it sounds like Alex had his hands full on several occasions! We have also had a lot of great discussion recently and although we have been hovering at 96 users for several days we are getting close to 100 members all around the world! More new people mean more work for Alex and the moderators...
-Todd
toddclausen
Moderator
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby toddclausen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Noddy330 wrote:Can you say a bit more on what this will entail please.
Nod

Moderators are necessary in an active forum to help keep things running smoothly! I don't think Alex intends this to be a full time job for anyone, but will take some of the pressure off his time so he can devote more effort to improving CintaNotes! The basic functions are to remove inappropriate posts such as spam, help in editing newly posted topic subjects, etc. to limit duplicate threads and so they conform to the forum "rules" posted in http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128...
-Todd
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 pm

toddclausen wrote:Moderators are necessary in an active forum to help keep things running smoothly! I don't think Alex intends this to be a full time job for anyone, but will take some of the pressure off his time so he can devote more effort to improving CintaNotes! The basic functions are to remove inappropriate posts such as spam, help in editing newly posted topic subjects, etc. to limit duplicate threads and so they conform to the forum "rules" posted in http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128...


Couldn't agree more! In my own words, mods get some distinction and extra rights here on the forum, which they should use to:
- keep topics and their subjects in agreement with the rules (which we are still elaborating),
- merge duplicates,
- delete spam,
- warn and ban users posting things the mods consider harmful for this forum (hopefully this won't be necessary).

That's all, and since the traffic here is still relatively low, it shouldn't be much stress, especially if there are 2-3 mods.
Alex
Noddy330
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby Noddy330 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 pm

toddclausen wrote:
Noddy330 wrote:Can you say a bit more on what this will entail please.
Nod

Moderators are necessary in an active forum to help keep things running smoothly! I don't think Alex intends this to be a full time job for anyone, but will take some of the pressure off his time so he can devote more effort to improving CintaNotes! The basic functions are to remove inappropriate posts such as spam, help in editing newly posted topic subjects, etc. to limit duplicate threads and so they conform to the forum "rules" posted in http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128...


Todd, It seems congratulations are in order. From what I've seen you'll do a great job. Well done. Nod
kranor
Moderator
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby kranor » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 am

Congrats Todd On being the first Mod
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:49 am

kranor wrote:If this is the dotted line then sign me up!!!!!

One willing Mod standing by.......... :D

Might i also suggest mods from different time zones. This would give you nearly 24hr mod coverage. For instance 1 from the states 1 from western europe 1 from asia/australasia


Kranor, congratulations, you are a moderator :)

Room for one more ;)
Alex
toddclausen
Moderator
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby toddclausen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Noddy330 wrote:Todd, It seems congratulations are in order. From what I've seen you'll do a great job. Well done. Nod

kranor wrote:Congrats Todd On being the first Mod

Thanks Nod and Kranor!
CintaNotes Developer wrote:Kranor, congratulations, you are a moderator :)

Room for one more ;)

Congrats to you too Kranor and welcome to the club!

How about you Nod, care to join us? Midas?
-Todd
kranor
Moderator
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby kranor » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:00 pm

We ad better have midas for Alex's sake....after all everything midas touched turned into gold and some of that might rub off onto cinta notes!!!!
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Noddy330
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby Noddy330 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 am

toddclausen wrote:
Noddy330 wrote:Todd, It seems congratulations are in order. From what I've seen you'll do a great job. Well done. Nod

kranor wrote:Congrats Todd On being the first Mod

Thanks Nod and Kranor!
CintaNotes Developer wrote:Kranor, congratulations, you are a moderator :)

Room for one more ;)

Congrats to you too Kranor and welcome to the club!

How about you Nod, care to join us? Midas?


Todd, Thanks, but its not for me at this time. Nod
Midas
Moderator
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby Midas » Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 pm

kranor wrote:We ad better have midas for Alex's sake....after all everything midas touched turned into gold and some of that might rub off onto cinta notes!!!!
Thanks, Kranor.

I'll be always available if you all agree but let me warn firsthand that, due to many obligations/interests, my visibility tends to have phases like the moon... As right now, when I am returning here after a week vacationing in the sunny Canaries, away from anything wired more complex than a toaster. :mrgreen:
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu May 07, 2009 6:45 am

Midas wrote:I'll be always available if you all agree but let me warn firsthand that, due to many obligations/interests, my visibility tends to have phases like the moon... As right now, when I am returning here after a week vacationing in the sunny Canaries, away from anything wired more complex than a toaster. :mrgreen:

Hi Midas and welcome back! ;) hope you've had a nice vacation!

Well I think there's no need for a disclaimer, since being a mod here is more of a recognition that our small community trusts your judgment. So congrats on becoming the 3rd moderator! :)
Alex
toddclausen
Moderator
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby toddclausen » Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Well I think there's no need for a disclaimer, since being a mod here is more of a recognition that our small community trusts your judgment. So congrats on becoming the 3rd moderator! :)

Let me be the second to add my congratulations Midas! Hope you had a great vacation, my wife is jealous - she loves the island life!
-Todd
kranor
Moderator
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby kranor » Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm

:lol: Now we have the golden touch.... :lol:

Congrats Midas
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Midas
Moderator
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby Midas » Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for all the encouraging remarks. Be sure to tell me if I'm not up to the standard. Thanks again. :)
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Administrative] Moderators needed!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu May 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Ok I guess now we have enough mods and I can close the sign up for now ;))

Kranor, Todd and Midas: thanks for stepping up!
I'm really lucky to have you on the forum.
And in fact you are already doing a wonderful job!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”