finally we've got a new beta for you It's a little rough on the edges, but still usable and thanks in advance
for helping us get it up to release-grade!
Nov 29, 2013 - Version 2.5 Beta 1
In this version:
- "Remarks" field
Notes now have a new field "Remarks", intended to collect additional data on what is written in the main
note body (which quite often is clipped from somewhere). The initial idea was just to rename the Link field,
however after some careful consideration we've decided to leave the Link field as it was (save some
cosmetic changes), because we consider it important to have one "main" note URL. The Remarks field
adjusts its height automatically to accommodate multi-line remarks, however you also can increase its
height manually with your mouse.
The search filter now supports the new field, and also a new search mode has appeared: "Any Text Field",
which includes Title, Text and Remarks.
- XML import now supports XML files with UTF-8 encoding
- Upgraded internal DB engine to SQLite 3.8.1
- Notes list: Clickable link icons in note preview
- Notes list: Improved display of long hierarchical tags
Now only the last part of the tag name is displayed by default, the full name is
displayed in a tooltip when you hover the mouse over the tag.
- Tag deletion: provide option to also delete notes with selected tags
- New option in internet connection setting: "Use system proxy settings"
- Crash on linking notes
- Crash on trying to edit a certain note
- Intranet URLs were not recognized
- Program failed to respond to rapid mousewheel events
- Simplenote sync: constant "not completed, try later" when moving remote note to recycle bin
- Simplenote sync: deleted synced section appeared again after sync
- Simplenote sync: synchronization could constantly fail
- Sorting order could be lost for main section
- Text and paragraph formats could get corrupted on merging notes
- Unable to import XML with more than 3 sections even when "Import sections" was unchecked