[Ann] CintaNotes 2.5.2 Beta 1

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] CintaNotes 2.5.2 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 am

Hi all,
here's a preview of the next CN version - mostly maintenance, but contains a few important fixes.

Thanks in advance for checking it out!

Mar 26, 2014 - Version 2.5.2 Beta1

In this version:

Enhancements:
  • Editor: Ctrl+Home/End in any field except Remarks to go to text start and end
Fixes:
  • Notes list: Incorrect rendering of a clipped numbered list
  • Notes list: Jumping numbers in numbered lists
  • Clipping: Numbers could disappear from numbered lists on clipping
  • Options/Hot keys: edit field background was not white
  • Export: Errors during export lead to program crash
  • Export: Exporting tags only to text file lead to program crash
  • Search: Tags with capital letters were not highlighted in note previews
  • Notes list: on Down arrow key, only bottom part of notes was shown when notes didn't fit in view

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_2_5_2_Beta1_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_2_5_2_Beta1.zip
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.5.2 Beta 1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:52 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
  • Editor: Ctrl+Home/End in any field except Remarks to go to text start and end

Hi Alex,

thanks for bringing back the old key. Still i want to be able to use the shortcut including the Remarks-field, please. An alternative could be a smart handling of the shortcut. First, when the Remarks-field is empty or contains one line only, use Ctrl+Home/End to jump to the notes text. Second, when the Remarks-field contains two lines or more use Ctrl+Home/End twice to jump to the notes text.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:thanks for bringing back the old key. Still i want to be able to use the shortcut including the Remarks-field, please. An alternative could be a smart handling of the shortcut. First, when the Remarks-field is empty or contains one line only, use Ctrl+Home/End to jump to the notes text. Second, when the Remarks-field contains two lines or more use Ctrl+Home/End twice to jump to the notes text.

Hi Thomas, seems I've misunderstood your "should work in Remarks" earlier ;) Sorry about that.
However I must confess I don't really like the idea of behavior dependent on current contents of the Remarks field. It will prevent users
from developing muscle memory for this shortcut. Even adding Remarks as an exception was a step back in this regard.

What about always using Ctrl+Home+Home and Ctrl+End+End as shortcuts?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
CintaNotes Developer wrote:thanks for bringing back the old key. Still i want to be able to use the shortcut including the Remarks-field, please. An alternative could be a smart handling of the shortcut. First, when the Remarks-field is empty or contains one line only, use Ctrl+Home/End to jump to the notes text. Second, when the Remarks-field contains two lines or more use Ctrl+Home/End twice to jump to the notes text.
Hi Thomas, seems I've misunderstood your "should work in Remarks" earlier ;) Sorry about that. However I must confess I don't really like the idea of behavior dependent on current contents of the Remarks field. It will prevent users from developing muscle memory for this shortcut. Even adding Remarks as an exception was a step back in this regard. What about always using Ctrl+Home+Home and Ctrl+End+End as shortcuts?

Hi Alex,

i agree with you. I made my suggestion so Ctrl+Home/End could be used inside the Remarks-field too. Imo the best would be, to always use Ctrl+Home/End to jump to the notes text. Inside the Remarks-field it would be ok to use the arrow keys to navigate to the beginning or the end of the Remark. Anyway, rather than introducing new or complex shortcuts i will accept the behaviour introduced with the latest beta.

Thanks!

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:I made my suggestion so Ctrl+Home/End could be used inside the Remarks-field too. Imo the best would be, to always use Ctrl+Home/End to jump to the notes text. Inside the Remarks-field it would be ok to use the arrow keys to navigate to the beginning or the end of the Remark. Anyway, rather than introducing new or complex shortcuts i will accept the behaviour introduced with the latest beta.

Ok then, let's leave it as it is now, at least for some time :)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”