maximum number of notes?

trivita
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 am
Contact:

maximum number of notes?

Postby trivita » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 am

i use CN everyday to collect information and it's great.
but what's the upper limit of number of notes in CN?
i began to worry if there're too many items in the list, CN will perform badly especially when scrolling the list or tag-searching.
tell me i'm wrong ;)
Midas
Moderator
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: maximum number of notes?

Postby Midas » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 am

I think the question has been answered before here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77

Search is your friend... :mrgreen:
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4734
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: maximum number of notes?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 am

trivita wrote:i use CN everyday to collect information and it's great.
but what's the upper limit of number of notes in CN?
i began to worry if there're too many items in the list, CN will perform badly especially when scrolling the list or tag-searching.
tell me i'm wrong ;)


Hello,
Midas has already quoted the link.
I want to add that if you worry so much, you can easily test for yourself how well will CintaNotes perform.
Using the multiple Import/Export cycles, it is easy to generate notebook of thousands of notes.
And keep in mind that by the time you'll have so many notes, it is probable that the new versions of CintaNotes will perform better.
Alex
trivita
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 am
Contact:

Re: maximum number of notes?

Postby trivita » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hello,
Midas has already quoted the link.
I want to add that if you worry so much, you can easily test for yourself how well will CintaNotes perform.
Using the multiple Import/Export cycles, it is easy to generate notebook of thousands of notes.
And keep in mind that by the time you'll have so many notes, it is probable that the new versions of CintaNotes will perform better.


yeah, sorry about the double posting.
looks like we keep all the information in memory all the time instead of load from disk on demand.
anyway, i believe CN will perform better with each upgrade. thanks for the good work :P
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4734
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: maximum number of notes?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 am

trivita wrote:
CintaNotes Developer wrote:yeah, sorry about the double posting.
looks like we keep all the information in memory all the time instead of load from disk on demand.
anyway, i believe CN will perform better with each upgrade. thanks for the good work :P


Yes, this is exactly the case with the current version - it enables really fast search.
But I plan to migrate to embedded database in the future, and also having multiple notebook support will somewhat mitigate this issue. But of course everything depends on what is it that you plan to use CintaNotes for.

Thanks for all the kind words, I'll try to live up to the expectations :)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”