subdomain "forum.cintanotes.com"

Thomas Lohrum

subdomain "forum.cintanotes.com"

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue May 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi Alex,

can we have a subdomain to the forum please. For example "forum.cintanotes.com" or "support.cintanotes.com". This would help to save favorite links, since some browsers like Cast for iOS will only save the domain without links such as "cintanotes.com/forum". Also this would match "roadmap.cintanotes.com".

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: subdomain "forum.cintanotes.com"

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the idea, it's great.
I'll see what I can do!
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon May 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Please test, seems that it's working now!

http://forum.cintanotes.com
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon May 26, 2014 8:02 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Please test, seems that it's working now!http://forum.cintanotes.com

Hi Alex,

thanks, the link is working now. Too bad Coast won't save it anyway, because the link redirects to cintanotes.com/forum, which will always end up as the saved link. Anyway thanks a lot. Imo, the subdomain is good as it is more recognizable.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 27, 2014 10:49 am

You're welcome, and this is a good suggestion anyway) BTW what is Coast? Maybe together we'll find a way to save correct link.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue May 27, 2014 10:52 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:You're welcome, and this is a good suggestion anyway) BTW what is Coast? Maybe together we'll find a way to save correct link.

Coast is a web browser for the iPad. It's made by Opera. I like it because of its slick and unique design.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 27, 2014 11:18 am

I've just installed Coast on my iPad and was able to add forum.cintanotes.com to the start screen.
I didn't find bookmarks and settings in this browser however.. it seems that after you load a page you can't even see its URL. That's strange.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue May 27, 2014 12:16 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I've just installed Coast on my iPad and was able to add forum.cintanotes.com to the start screen.

I can add it to Coast's desktop, but next time i open the icon it will redirect to cintanotes.com instead. :(

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I didn't find bookmarks and settings in this browser however..

Here comes the elegance of the browser. If you want to add a favorite, just drag its icon from the stack to Coast's desktop. If you want to delete one, drag it from the desktop to the top of the screen.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:it seems that after you load a page you can't even see its URL. That's strange.

Press the icon on the bottom right corner to see the list of open pages. From the screenshot of the page there is a small icon to the bottom left which will show you the url.

In general the UI approaches simplicity by hiding technical stuff, which is not necessary for the average user.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:I can add it to Coast's desktop, but next time i open the icon it will redirect to cintanotes.com instead.

Not the case for me. When I open the URL it shows cintanotes.com/forum/viewforum.php
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Here comes the elegance of the browser. If you want to add a favorite, just drag its icon from the stack to Coast's desktop. If you want to delete one, drag it from the desktop to the top of the screen.

I see :) Well I agree that it has its merits, though for me Chrome stays a better option, because I like tabbed interface, and also not having to remember all the passwords is convenient (although not secure, of course).
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Here comes the elegance of the browser. If you want to add a favorite, just drag its icon from the stack to Coast's desktop. If you want to delete one, drag it from the desktop to the top of the screen.
I see :) Well I agree that it has its merits, though for me Chrome stays a better option, because I like tabbed interface, and also not having to remember all the passwords is convenient (although not secure, of course).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sure each App has its advantages. For example the swype gesture using a single finger to go back to the last page is handy. For other use-cases i use Atomic-Web-Browser, which also offers a tabbed interface.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”