Turning off Text Formatting doesn't update previews

eldrin

Turning off Text Formatting doesn't update previews

Postby eldrin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

I've just tried out v2.7 after having last had a look at CintaNotes at v2.5, just to see if there have been any noticeable changes/improvements since then.

However, within the first few seconds I already noticed a strange bug just by playing with the options in the menu.

I created a new note, typed some lines of text, then formatted those lines as a bulleted list.
Afterwards, I toggled 'Options -> Editor -> Text Formatting' to disabled. A warning message popped up (on the wrong monitor) saying that all formatting would be removed.
After clicking 'Yes', I noticed that the preview of the message didn't get updated. It still had the bullets. Even after double-clicking the message to open it in the editor, then closing it, the preview still had the bullets.

The only way to get the preview to update was to actually make changes to the note in the editor.

I'm surprised that such a basic program, with so few features to test, has such obvious bugs like this.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Turning off Text Formatting doesn't update previews

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:27 am

Hello Eldrin,

Thanks a lot for reporting this problem, and I'm sorry that CintaNotes seems to have
disappointed you. We're doing our best with QA, but currently we are basically a
two-developer shop without designated testers or QA team, so yes bugs do slip through.
Many users help us in testing the beta versions, huge thanks to them. But still this is
not a proper QA, which we intend to have in the future.

Anyway, according to our data, turning "Text Formatting" off is extremely rarely used
and we have plans to remove this option altogether in the next version of CN. The reason is that
even people who don't use text styling generally still need links and lists.

The same goes for the "Auto-Indent" option - there's simply no reason to turn it off.

By removing features that are deemed rarely used, we try to avoid feature bloat and keep
CintaNotes simple and lean.

About the message boxes appearing on the wrong screen - we'll definitely fix that, thanks!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: Turning off Text Formatting doesn't update previews

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:51 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Anyway, according to our data, turning "Text Formatting" off is extremely rarely used
and we have plans to remove this option altogether in the next version of CN. The reason is that even people who don't use text styling generally still need links and lists. The same goes for the "Auto-Indent" option - there's simply no reason to turn it off.

I second this. It is a good decision to remove these options.

Thomas

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”