[Ann] CintaNotes 2.8 Beta 1

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:54 am

Thanks for your explanation. I got your point. Walking through the history can be confusing. I do have a better understanding now.

I'll try to improve on that already in Beta 2, which is coming tomorrow, or maybe even today if I have enough time.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:55 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Good arguments. In other words: The initial state can be a list without text or tag filter, right?! I agree it makes sense to store the initial state. Also a change of the sort order, compared to the initial state, should be stored. A state which does have identical sort order to the initial state and does not have a text or tag filter should not be stored though.

Frankly I'm still not sure that we can just throw empty states away. They are part of viewing history. Probably when the filter history is visible, it will be better. So I'll leave it as it is for now. After Beta 2 you'll tell me if you still feel that the history should only include "non-empty" filters.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:58 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:You could display the selected tags. Another more generic approach is to simply display the text "tag filter changed". This also is possible with "sort order changed". This should fit the bill without requiring much coding.

Good idea, thanks. I will release this in Beta 2.

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Chrome displays a hint when you hover over the icons, so the long press is not really a problem. Btw. Chrome supports both, that is long press and right click.

For starters I'll also display a tip, but only support the right click for the menu. Let's see how it goes ;)
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: Crash on tag searching

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:42 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:My example: search for "blogs javascript", both are tags. The list gets filtered and shows seven notes. After i press Enter the list still shows seven items, whereas the hit counter shows one hit only, which is correct. After that CN freezes. Log.1.txt send via private mail.
Thanks for the report! Already investigating the issue.

Any news?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Any news?

Fixed this already, as well as a number of other issues. However, there are still a handful of other bugs left which I'd like to have fixed in Beta 2, so it is possible that we'll have to postpone Beta 2 till Wednesday or Thursday. Hope that this is ok with you;) If it's really critical I can give you a Beta 1.5 right now, otherwise it would be better to wait a bit.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Any news?
Fixed this already, as well as a number of other issues. However, there are still a handful of other bugs left which I'd like to have fixed in Beta 2, so it is possible that we'll have to postpone Beta 2 till Wednesday or Thursday. Hope that this is ok with you;) If it's really critical I can give you a Beta 1.5 right now, otherwise it would be better to wait a bit.

I'll be patient until your work is done ;) It's not a big problem to me right now. Thanks for the news update!

Thomas
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:My example: search for "blogs javascript", both are tags. The list gets filtered and shows seven notes. After i press Enter the list still shows seven items, whereas the hit counter shows one hit only, which is correct. After that CN freezes. Log.1.txt send via private mail.

I confirm this is fixed with 2.8 beta 2.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:12 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:I confirm this is fixed with 2.8 beta 2.

Great, thanks!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”