Moving Notes between Notebooks

usbpoweredfridge

Moving Notes between Notebooks

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:18 am

The time has come to re-organise my two CN notebooks into a larger number of smaller, specifically themed notebooks. Is there a quicker way to move notes between notebooks than cut/paste? The move option only supports moving between sections of course, not notebooks. So at the moment, I open one of my main CN notebooks, click the first note, work out which new notebook I want to move it to, right click, cut, file->open newer notebook, right click, paste. Then file-> old notebook, and then repeat the whole process again. Very slow sadly.

Chris
gunars

Re: Moving Notes between Notebooks

Postby gunars » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:49 am

You can select the notes you want and export them (File->Export, Selected Notes). Then just import the xml file into the new notebook. Once they're there and ok, delete them from the original notebook.

Gunars
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks, I will give that a try. Hopefully one day the Edit->Move option will get an option to move to another notebook.

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 am

Hi Chris,

yes, moving notes between notebooks is not as easy as it could be. You are welcome to add a suggestion to the roadmap
to extend the "Move to" command functionality to also include opened notebooks.

Also please note that you can open multiple instances of CN simultaneously, so that you cut in one instance and paste into another.
This will at least save you the notebook switching roundtrip. And Gunars is correct about the export function. You can create temporary sections to represent target notebooks and move notes there. After you've done sorting, you can export these sections and import into the appropriate notebooks (cut/paste instead of export/import will also work btw), and delete these temp sections afterwards.
Hope this helps!
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 am

A couple of good tips there, thanks :)

Chris

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”