[Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 am

usbpoweredfridge wrote:Specifically, what about the ability to save queries? If you often make use of the same search terms, then being able to save a search and simply select it later (from a dropdown for example), would be more useful - that way, you allow the user to define what should be saved, rather than trying to guess their intentions. One of the functions of a history list is to select a previously typed entry. If you are only ever going to select that previous entry once, than yes - a saved query list will probably not be all that useful (it would take you more time to setup that query than it would to simply select it from a history list). However, if you start to select that item multiple times, you make the prospect of saved list much more appealing.


This is actually already planned for one of the next major updates (3.0 or 3.1).
During the time is has collected a lot of votes:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/152 ... -searches/
Alex
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:24 am

usbpoweredfridge wrote:I would say yes, I agree - it is worth a try.

Great, thanks. Thomas, what do you think?
Alex
User avatar
usbpoweredfridge
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:This is actually already planned for one of the next major updates (3.0 or 3.1).
During the time is has collected a lot of votes:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/152 ... -searches/


I knew it would be in the roadmap somewhere! I have just added my vote to it, I like the idea myself :)

Chris
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Yep, that'll be a useful feature!
Hope we'll manage to unite search history and saved searches so that they play well together.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:59 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Chris, thanks a lot for your great comment!

I have the last suggestion to make regarding this issue. I think it is worth a try.
Let a new state be recorded into history when there's been at least a 3 (or maybe 5) seconds timeout
since last character was typed.

Previously I have discarded this technique as unreliable, but now, coming to think of it
more closely, the timeout is a good evidence that the user is interested in what's being
displayed in the list.

Alex,

this sounds very interesting. Maybe the timeout should be 2-3 seconds. I'd appreciate a ini-setting so we (the beta testers) could fine tune its value to come up with a reasonable default-value.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:this sounds very interesting. Maybe the timeout should be 2-3 seconds. I'd appreciate a ini-setting so we (the beta testers) could fine tune its value to come up with a reasonable default-value


Ok, agreed. I'll schedule this improvement for 2.8.2 then.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:56 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:this sounds very interesting. Maybe the timeout should be 2-3 seconds. I'd appreciate a ini-setting so we (the beta testers) could fine tune its value to come up with a reasonable default-value

Ok, agreed. I'll schedule this improvement for 2.8.2 then.

Great. Alex, please provide the setting as a setting in milliseconds, as my personal guess is, that it will end up with something like 1500 ms. :)

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Great. Alex, please provide the setting as a setting in milliseconds, as my personal guess is, that it will end up with something like 1500 ms. :)

No problem!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”