[Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Final

yogi

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Final

Postby yogi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Hallo Alex,
finally I succeded in restoring allmost everything. I installed the last working version 2.6.1 und then every update following it. Then I imported the latest database. :D
I remember that one of the last actions befor the desaster was storing some fairly large (1000-2000 lettters) chunk of text from a webpage. Is it possible that code from this page corrupted the database?

Feature request: It would be nice if I could sort the database by the remarks field, and that should be included in the sort-dropdown list of the main window.

Why not having an entry under Help: Display latest Readme file.

Keep up the good work. CN is really helpful.
Thanks
Rolf
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.1 Final

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Rolf,

yogi wrote:finally I succeded in restoring allmost everything. I installed the last working version 2.6.1 und then every update following it. Then I imported the latest database. :D

I'm not sure this was the optimal way, but it's great that it worked for you ;)

I remember that one of the last actions befor the desaster was storing some fairly large (1000-2000 lettters) chunk of text from a webpage. Is it possible that code from this page corrupted the database?

Normally it should not. Usually corruptions happen when there is a system crash when CN writes to disk.

Feature request: It would be nice if I could sort the database by the remarks field, and that should be included in the sort-dropdown list of the main window.

Thanks, added the request to the roadmap, please vote:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/535 ... rks-field/

Why not having an entry under Help: Display latest Readme file.

What do you mean? What is in the readme that you often need consulting? )

Keep up the good work. CN is really helpful.

Thanks! Hope there won't be any db corruptions any more;)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”