[Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

[Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:40 am

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHpAfMZprI


Comments welcome :) But please keep in mind this is our first try)
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Congratulations! I am surprised on how many aspects you are actually working to make CintaNotes a success. It is awesome to realize, how CintaNotes has evolved. I am also excited to be part of the process of contributing to CN's success and i am thankful for that.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 am

Thanks Thomas! Yes, it is difficult to wear so many hats at once. Luckily, I have help from the Sitex guys here, and also - mainly thanks to raising the price and introduction of the Lifetime license - can still work on CN fulltime. Hope this won't change, and we'll be able not only to improve the Windows app, but also to deliver the Android app.
Alex
User avatar
usbpoweredfridge
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Looks good :) The one thing I would say I wasn't all that fond of - and this is just my personal preference - is the effects used when showing off the CN program window. As each feature was described, the CN window was shown off as a small, angled thumbnail to the side of the video. I think the CN window should have been shown front and center, and a bit larger so you can better see what it looks like - the way it was shown in the video, I could hardly see the window. As I say, just a personal preference - one of the main things I look for when trying to find a new program to use is good screenshots of the interface, so I can clearly see what it looks like. If I don't find those, I don't bother with the program, I Keep looking for something else.

Chris
gustms
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby gustms » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:04 am

I liked it, great job!
Noddy330
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby Noddy330 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:57 am

Looks good to me.
Nod
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Guys, thanks for your comments!

I agree with Chris that the program window should have been bigger. However these are the limitations of the
video template platform that we were using.

Also this is our first try, mainly to get some experience. Since the UI will be refreshed in CN 3.0, the second
video will already be done a bit differently.

For those interested, the whole video cost us ~$53.
($25 for video templates, $25 voiceover, and $3 for music. And ~20-25h of our time, of course ;) )
Alex
gustms
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby gustms » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Since the UI will be refreshed in CN 3.0


Any screenshot preview so we can have an idea?
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:54 am

For now, only some drafts:

cintanotes_01.png
cintanotes_01.png (25.02 KiB) Viewed 4219 times

CN_new_03.png
CN_new_03.png (16.82 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
Alex
gustms
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby gustms » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:For now, only some drafts:


Nice! Looking forward to it.
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 am

Indeed, it does look modern and stylish. However, the editor layout highly reduces the space for the note's text. The current layout (2.8) ís extremely efficient. For example the Link-field does not take space for real, because of its smart design. I understand these are just drafts, so my answer is just a comment to the draft. ;)

Thomas
User avatar
usbpoweredfridge
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:10 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:For example the Link-field does not take space for real, because of its smart design.


I was fairly unhappy when Alex changed the Link field to what it is now (in the current versions of CN I mean) - it is more work for me not being able to see the entire URL at a single glance as I could in the original versions of CN (I have accepted the old format is not coming back though, however much I wish it would). In fact, I would also like to see multiple Link fields as well as one is too limiting for me and I find the Remarks field to be not suitable for this purpose (though I have accepted that this will not happen either, no matter how many times I ask for it).

This current draft at least looks to be an improvement on the current editor, to me anyway - so I like it. However, I have this strange feeling (based on my relatively limited experience with software development) that the final version will look very little like this - so I am a bit worried about what the final interface will look like to be honest. My main concern is whether I will have even more work to do to take notes, as I did have when Alex changed the Link field - I am less worried that CN will suddenly look ugly, as Alex has shown a nice sense of style and design with the current interface.

The main window screenshot looks very nice - I think there is too much wasted window space above the top edge of the tabs, but maybe Alex intends to put a menu bar there, which would reduce that problem I think.

Chris
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Indeed, it does look modern and stylish. However, the editor layout highly reduces the space for the note's text. The current layout (2.8) ís extremely efficient. For example the Link-field does not take space for real, because of its smart design. I understand these are just drafts, so my answer is just a comment to the draft. ;)


Yes, please note that the draft was made some time ago - even before we introduced the Remarks field and changed the Link field.
Alex
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:15 pm

usbpoweredfridge wrote:I was fairly unhappy when Alex changed the Link field to what it is now (in the current versions of CN I mean) - it is more work for me not being able to see the entire URL at a single glance as I could in the original versions of CN (I have accepted the old format is not coming back though, however much I wish it would). In fact, I would also like to see multiple Link fields as well as one is too limiting for me and I find the Remarks field to be not suitable for this purpose (though I have accepted that this will not happen either, no matter how many times I ask for it).

This current draft at least looks to be an improvement on the current editor, to me anyway - so I like it. However, I have this strange feeling (based on my relatively limited experience with software development) that the final version will look very little like this - so I am a bit worried about what the final interface will look like to be honest. My main concern is whether I will have even more work to do to take notes, as I did have when Alex changed the Link field - I am less worried that CN will suddenly look ugly, as Alex has shown a nice sense of style and design with the current interface.

The main window screenshot looks very nice - I think there is too much wasted window space above the top edge of the tabs, but maybe Alex intends to put a menu bar there, which would reduce that problem I think.


Thanks for your comments, Chris! I hear you and will try to make the final design beat your expectations.
Alas, one can't please everyone, so some compromises are to be made. But you shouldn't have more work to do to take notes, that's for sure ;)
Alex
User avatar
usbpoweredfridge
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Thanks for your comments, Chris! I hear you and will try to make the final design beat your expectations.


Great, thanks :)

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Alas, one can't please everyone, so some compromises are to be made.


Indeed, there is no doubt about that! Sometimes you get what you wish for, other times you don't. If you don't, you just try and make it work for you in the best way possible.

CintaNotes Developer wrote: But you shouldn't have more work to do to take notes, that's for sure ;)


That would be appreciated. I think Thomas and I agree that the note taking should be as efficient as possible, even though we may have slightly different ideas on how that should work (we would both have different workflows on taking notes, which would mean that CN in its current incarnation may be slightly more efficient for one than the other).

Chris
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] First CintaNotes Promo Video

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:51 am

usbpoweredfridge wrote:Indeed, there is no doubt about that! Sometimes you get what you wish for, other times you don't. If you don't, you just try and make it work for you in the best way possible.

Will sure do!

usbpoweredfridge wrote:That would be appreciated. I think Thomas and I agree that the note taking should be as efficient as possible, even though we may have slightly different ideas on how that should work (we would both have different workflows on taking notes, which would mean that CN in its current incarnation may be slightly more efficient for one than the other).


Yes. Luckily, CintaNotes doesn't need to be absolutely perfect for everyone. It just needs to be a tiny bit better than its competitors ;)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”