[Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.2 Beta 1

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.2 Beta 1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Nov 7, 2014 - Version 2.8.2 Beta1

In this version:

Enhancements:
  • Better right-to-left languages support with the new settings "app.mainframe.rtlenabled" and "app.mainframe.userightalignbydefault "
  • Search history: auto add search terms to history after a short timeout
  • Editor: note link tooltips should stay long enough to read note text
  • Don't run backup and sync for notebooks located in the backup folder

Fixes:
  • Editor: paragraph text formatting hotkeys don't change current formatting state
  • Tag sidebar: Untagged count was not updated after moving notes to other section

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_2_8_2_Beta1_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_2_8_2_Beta1.zip

WARNING! BETA SOFTWARE! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.2 Beta 1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Alex,

thanks for the latest update. :)

I confirm the issue with paragraph shortcuts fixed. :)

I confirm search terms make it into history, even when the focus did not change. :)

Can you please reveal the timeout-value?

Is the timeout-value configurable by an ini-setting?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Wow, Thomas, I didn't expect so quick reaction, thanks!
The default timeout is 4 seconds, and it is configurable via filters.text.addtohistory.timeout.msecs setting.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:11 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Wow, Thomas, I didn't expect so quick reaction, thanks!
The default timeout is 4 seconds, and it is configurable via filters.text.addtohistory.timeout.msecs setting.

Thanks a lot! I did several tests and changed the value down to 2500 milliseconds. So far typos did not make it into history whereas search terms without a match made it into history. Wonderful. I'll observe the history creation in my real day to day work and will let you know in case i observe any unexpected issues.

Thomas

PS: I did not expect such a late hour release from you either ;)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Night is best time for us programmers ;)
Alex
gunars

Postby gunars » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 pm

This is not new to 2.8.2 b1, but I always forget to ask. I have Tag -> Accept Suggestion on Spacebar set to on. When I start to enter an existing tag in the tags field, the spacebar works ok to accept the suggestion. However, in the search field, the spacebar doesn't do the accept and I need to use a mouse click. Is this expected? I couldn't find a mention in the help.

Gunars
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:25 am

gunars wrote:This is not new to 2.8.2 b1, but I always forget to ask. I have Tag -> Accept Suggestion on Spacebar set to on. When I start to enter an existing tag in the tags field, the spacebar works ok to accept the suggestion. However, in the search field, the spacebar doesn't do the accept and I need to use a mouse click. Is this expected? I couldn't find a mention in the help.

Hi Gunars, thanks for checking out the beta.
About the issue: this is quite old. The short story is, this is deliberate, because it was problematic: if part of the entered search term matched any of the tags, pressing space accepted the tag suggestion even when it was not wanted.

Example: there exists a tag "blogging". You want to search for "blog productivity", but as soon as you type "g" + space, 'blogging" gets inserted automatically.

However you can enable accepting on spacebar for search box with the option "tagsedit.autocomplete.searchbox.acceptonspace".

Please see the old discussions here and here.

Important exceprt:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:
No. But to find a an agreement, how about the following suggestion: Always select the first item. In the search-box the space bar does *not* accept the tag, only ENTER does. In the notes editor, in the tags-field space is supported to accept the tag.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Still imperfect since it will turn the "Accept suggestions on spacebar" option to a blatant lie - it won't work everywhere.
But I guess this is the case where pragmatism must be preferred over logical purity, so I say "aye") Let's do it this way.
And to be on the safest side, there will be an option in the settings file to enable accepting on spacebar even in the search box.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”