[Ann] CintaNotes 2.9 Final!

wiznews

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.9 Final!

Postby wiznews » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:12 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Thanks for the report! Let me guess - do you have Terminal Services disabled?
I think this crash will be easy to fix. Will let you know as soon as we make a fix.

Yes, you're right, terminal services was disabled (usually, I've put it to manual, but now it is disabled, probably by my mistake). When terminal services are started CN runs fine.

BTW, I'm in a doubt related to English grammar. "Terminal services" is plural, but as it is a single service called "terminal services" it should be singular. :)
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:47 am

wiznews wrote:BTW, I'm in a doubt related to English grammar. "Terminal services" is plural, but as it is a single service called "terminal services" it should be singular. :)

In this case, the grammar is correct. It is a single service, yes - but it provides multiple services. Thus, that is why Microsoft named it 'services' (plural).

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:41 am

wiznews wrote:Thanks for the report! Let me guess - do you have Terminal Services disabled?
I think this crash will be easy to fix. Will let you know as soon as we make a fix.

Yes, you're right, terminal services was disabled (usually, I've put it to manual, but now it is disabled, probably by my mistake). When terminal services are started CN runs fine.[/quote]
Thanks for confirming this. It will make our job easier.

BTW, I'm in a doubt related to English grammar. "Terminal services" is plural, but as it is a single service called "terminal services" it should be singular. :)

I guess the full name would be "The Terminal Services service" :)
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Found one issue, I suspect it has been in previous versions too. It's only minor.

1. Open a note with some text and a hyperlink in it. Note that the hyperlink is blue and is clickable.
2. Highlight the text and hit Ctrl+X to cut it.
3. Hit Ctrl+Z to undo that action.
4. The hyperlink changes so that it is just normal text (ie it is no longer blue and is no longer clickable).

If you click Ok to save the note, the hyperlink does restore to its previous state.

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Chris, I confirm the bug with links, thanks! will be fixed in 2.9.1
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”