we wanted to already release 3.1.2 final, but suddenly discovered that our code signing certificate is not trusted by Microsoft anymore, because it uses SHA1, and needs to be updated to support SHA256. Since we bought the certificate from Comodo, the replacement of the certificate will last quite awhile. Still, we decided to put this time to good use and to release another beta so that you can already take advantage of the latest improvements and fixes.
It should be pretty stable, this is why I won't even write the usual disclaimer about using beta software
Would be grateful for your feedback!
As usual, in green I've marked changes from Beta 1.
Feb 11, 2016 - Version 3.1.2 Beta2
In this version:
- Focus top note during the search
- Simplenote sync: don't run sync on startup if last sync was recent enough
- Editor: improve Esc key handling Esc now cancels by default.
Old behavior still available via the new "Options/Editor/Auto Save Changes on Esc" option. (Also re-phrased the question)
- Export and Print: Field lists need to hide the "&" sign
- Editor: wrong double-click word selection behavior
- Incorrect error message when trying to open a corrupted notebook
- Controls were being cut off at 120 DPI
- Error when creating a notebook while an attachment is opened for editing
- Possible PasswordEnterCancelledException on OS restart
- Duplicate parent tag can be created when creating child tag directly from editor
- Search in attachments for "-." was not working
- Export, Print: increased height of field lists to eliminate need to scroll