CintaNotes is on Wikipedia 8-)

Midas

CintaNotes is on Wikipedia 8-)

Postby Midas » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 am

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: CintaNotes is on Wikipedia 8-)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 pm

That was me, sorry :roll: Just wanted to see if it will get busted and how fast)
If someone can upload images there (I can't) - I'd be most greateful if you could add a screenshot! Thanks
Alex
Midas

Postby Midas » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Someone's being naughty, isn't it? :twisted:

Just kidding. I think it was very appropriate and a good way to divulge your work. Unfortunately I am not registered with Wikipedia... (way out of my league)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks for support!
Aren't you tired of those CAPTCHAs? It only takes a minute to register on the forum ;)
Alex
Midas

Postby Midas » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 am

Although I usually prefer not to (don't really mind the catpchas, see below) if the choice is given (so many forums, so little time :roll: ), I'll be registering here as penance for my earlier miserable blundering with the forum threads. :oops:

PS: as a librarian, I can't escape making the suggestion that, since you're using captchas to prevent spam on the forum, maybe you could implement reCAPTCHA to that effect and provide indirect and free help with book digitising efforts...
http://recaptcha.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Midas wrote:Although I usually prefer not to (don't really mind the catpchas, see below) if the choice is given (so many forums, so little time :roll: ), I'll be registering here as penance for my earlier miserable blundering with the forum threads. :oops:
No problem, if you are more comfortable unregistered, feel free to continue that way))
Midas wrote:PS: as a librarian, I can't escape making the suggestion that, since you're using captchas to prevent spam on the forum, maybe you could implement reCAPTCHA to that effect and provide indirect and free help with book digitising efforts...
http://recaptcha.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA

I'd be happy to, but since I use a shared hosting (HostGator) I'm not sure I can install it on this phpBB forum. I've found a plugin to do it, but installing it requires running some programs on the server and I'm not sure I can do it. Maybe you can give me some help on this?
Alex
Midas

Postby Midas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I am kind of swamped right now (new management chores...), but I promise I'll look into it. :roll:
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:44 am

Todd, thank you very much for uploading a screenshot! :P

Unfortunately after relentless Wikipedia admins cut the article, there's hardly any people coming from Wikipedia anymore.
(And for some reason they are much more tolerant with NotesHolder, what in my opinion is just unfair.
But life's unfair - that's hardly any news :) Time to get used to it)
I'm not going to edit that article myself anymore. It's hardly worth it, risking to get another "conflict of interest". I'll better keep improving CN;)
Alex
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Todd, thank you very much for uploading a screenshot! :P

Unfortunately after relentless Wikipedia admins cut the article, there's hardly any people coming from Wikipedia anymore.
(And for some reason they are much more tolerant with NotesHolder, what in my opinion is just unfair.
But life's unfair - that's hardly any news :) Time to get used to it)
I'm not going to edit that article myself anymore. It's hardly worth it, risking to get another "conflict of interest". I'll better keep improving CN;)

No Problem! I'm glad they did finally remove the conflict of interest flag! For a while I wondered if they saw me as a dev as the COI stayed up quite a while after I started editing the page. I've never really liked the way some admins are not very consistent...maybe when I have time I'll ask in the page discussion how to improve and why things are acceptable in other articles.
-Todd

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”