[Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

[Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am

Aug 14, 2017 - Version 3.9.1 Beta 2

In this version:

Fixes:
  • Fixed issues with window docking on high-DPI screens
  • Fixed issues with clipping from MS Edge browser on Windows 10
  • Clipping from LibreOffice or TextMaker inserted raw HTML into notes
  • Regression: editor window auto-closes on fast text selection
  • Removed unnecessary warning about exceeding size Limit for attachment synchronization when sync is not active

Download:
Portable: CintaNotes_3_9_1_Beta2.zip
Alex
date
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby date » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I tried it very briefly on my Win 8.1 computer (the one where the docking wasn't working) and it looked like this:
2017-08-13_21-29-09.png
2017-08-13_21-29-09.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 213 times


The green border is unusual as well. On my usual computer, no such problems.
Last edited by date on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 am

That's extremely weird. And you say that V3.9 looks normal on that machine?
Alex
date
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby date » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:That's extremely weird. And you say that V3.9 looks normal on that machine?
Yes, like every other window. I copied the settings file from 3.9, and that made the _oX buttons in the top right not overlap themselves, even after deleting the settings file afterwards. (Still old style.) Then, downloaded the beta again, and the overlapping buttons were there again.

I remember now the green border means it is sandboxed by Comodo firewall. Which is odd, because on that machine, I have the Trusted Vendor List enabled.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 am

> I remember now the green border means it is sandboxed by Comodo firewall. Which is odd, because on that machine, I have the Trusted Vendor List enabled.

Probably this is the reason. You see, unlike 3.9 final, 3.9.1 beta was not signed with SHA256. This could have made Comodo kick in and mess with the window layout.

To test this hypothesis, here is 3.9.1 beta which IS fully signed. Please try it out:
http://cintanotes.com/files/beta/CintaN ... Beta1b.zip
Alex
date
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby date » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:To test this hypothesis, here is 3.9.1 beta which IS fully signed. Please try it out:
Still the same, but it is definitely because of the Comodo program, after I disable the sandbox, it is back to normal.
In Windows explorer I found out that it is 'signed,' but in the file list in the Comodo program, there is no 'Vendor name' listed, for the older version, there is.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am

I see. I wonder how did it get into that vendor list?

To all: updated the version in the head of this topic to Beta 2.
Difference: added the fix for the window docking on high-DPI screen problems.
Alex
date
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby date » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I see. I wonder how did it get into that vendor list?
Maybe because of their cloud scanning which is on by default. The list is endlessly long, probably every established 'vendor' on this planet is on there.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:53 am

We get our code signing certificate from Comodo, probably this is how we got on that list.
The question is however, why the new release is not recognized as coming from the same source, even though it is signed with the same certificate?
Alex
date
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby date » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:The question is however, why the new release is not recognized as coming from the same source, even though it is signed with the same certificate?
The vendor appears not to be recognized in Comodo when it is OOO 'SITEX' , but for 3.7 it is Sitex OOO , and it is recognized. It seems to me the name should be there even when it is not on any list, it appears to me it should just be reading the name from the file like Win Explorer does in the tab 'digital signatures.' Perhaps it has to do with the two ' quotes?

(I should say I use an older version of Comodo, it could very well have been a bug which is long fixed.)
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.9.1 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:56 pm

May very well be. Let's see how it behaves with 3.9.1 final.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”