[Ann] CintaNotes 3.10 Final

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.10 Final

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am

awm wrote:Hi Alex, I attached a Word document woth the steps I followed. May be this helpts

Hi awm, thanks for the detailed description!
Here's my take on what happens:
First, your rule says literally "If a note's title starts with '[O]', add tag '[O]-Overlegnotities', otherwise REMOVE THIS TAG (note that "untag when condition not met"?). The sample note's title is "Title text" that DOESN'T START with '[O]', so the rule does what you told it to do and removes the tag '[O]-Overlegnotities' that you added manually.

Now if you uncheck the "untag when condition not met" in the rule, the tag will stay.

So now we're only left with the issue of correctly finding [O] in the title. Once this issue is fixed, everything will work.
Alex
awm

Postby awm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
awm wrote:Hi Alex, I attached a Word document woth the steps I followed. May be this helpts

Hi awm, thanks for the detailed description!
Here's my take on what happens:
First, your rule says literally "If a note's title starts with '[O]', add tag '[O]-Overlegnotities', otherwise REMOVE THIS TAG (note that "untag when condition not met"?). The sample note's title is "Title text" that DOESN'T START with '[O]', so the rule does what you told it to do and removes the tag '[O]-Overlegnotities' that you added manually.

Now if you uncheck the "untag when condition not met" in the rule, the tag will stay.

So now we're only left with the issue of correctly finding [O] in the title. Once this issue is fixed, everything will work.

Yeap, sorry I made this mistake, but I show you a better example with [O] in the title! (attached). I don't see the logic that the tag is not added.
Even when I uncheck the "untag when conditions are not met?".....
Attachments
Testing tagproblem2.doc
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 am

Yeah that actually confirms what I said above. Currently CN can't find text in square brackets. So the algorithm goes the same route as if [O] wasn't there. But once this is fixed, everything will work.
Alex
awm

Postby awm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:46 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Yeah that actually confirms what I said above. Currently CN can't find text in square brackets. So the algorithm goes the same route as if [O] wasn't there. But once this is fixed, everything will work.

OK. I appreciate your effort and won't bother you no more.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:02 am

Could you please try this version, it should fix the issue:
http://cintanotes.com/files/debug/Cinta ... _Beta1.zip

Thanks!
Alex
awm

Postby awm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Could you please try this version, it should fix the issue:
http://cintanotes.com/files/debug/Cinta ... _Beta1.zip

Thanks!

Thumbs Up! Problem solved! Thank!
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

Great, thanks for your outstanding help!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”