CN under Linux via Wine

keremcan

CN under Linux via Wine

Postby keremcan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:35 am

Hi

I have started using CN under Wine. it seems to work ok except opening settings. I am getting an error when I try to open settings.

" class err::SytemException Postcondition failed: app:MainframeLisRunAtSystemStartup r ==0L"

Now this might be a Wine related thing or CN related thing, I am nto sure but if anyone finds a solution please post it here.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: CN under Linux via Wine

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi keremcan,

strictly speaking CN is not guaranteed to run under Wine, and I've made no compatibility testing with it.

What do you mean exactly when you say "open settings"? Opening the "Options" menu?

Thanks!
Alex
keremcan

Postby keremcan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:09 pm

I totally understand that Linux is not supported, I was not implying for a formal support. I was just trying to get the best juice from CN under Linux.

Yes the options menu gives me that error. No other menu items produces that error btw.
syropcio

Postby syropcio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 pm

CN works fine in wine, but you must close window by <ok> or <cancel> button, not by <x> button on edge
Melicerte

Postby Melicerte » Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 am

I just want to add that I'm running CN under PCBSD 8.
CN 1.0B Portable under wine 1.1.41 works flawlessy.
I had the same error reported above but since I've updated both Wine and CN, everything works.
I've reported CN to the Wine website.

Cheers,
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed May 19, 2010 12:50 pm

The last 1.1 Preview 3 version (posted in the Bug Reports subforum) should be free of this error.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”