[1.0B] A few suggestions

littlebigman

[1.0B] A few suggestions

Postby littlebigman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello

I'll start by saying CintaNotes is a great tool I had been waiting for to replace UltraEdit as a quick and dirty way to handle text without having to bother saving each item into a file. Before that I used my faithful Eudora mail client, but neither was a good solution.

Also, I know I should create one post for each item, but I am too lazy:oops:

[Managing] Left-side treelist should be hierarchical à la ActionOutline so as to order items in groups

[Editing] If user doesn't input data in Title, use first few characters as title in left-side treelist

[Editing] Improve editing: block indenting with (SHIFT)TAB, in-place vertical scroll with CTRL-up/down, source code highlighting, no-brainer bookmarking (UltraEdit : CTRL-F2 to set/unset bookmark, F2 to navigate through bookmarks), etc.

[Editing] Notes should be either free-flow text as it is now, but could also be in-place hierarchical lists à la EccoPro

[Editing] Make tags/links optional in case users don't use them. Alternative : build wordlist automatically à la wiki and index notes automagically + provide an editable combobox for tags so that users can tag a note with multiple new/existing tags (even even better : a tag can be as-is, or be given a value, eg. Importance=High/Medium/Low; this is one of EccoPro's excellent features : each note/item can be found using any of its keys/values)

[Editing] Remember hyperlinks in notes...

My .15€.
littlebigman

Re: [1.0B] A few suggestions

Postby littlebigman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

[Editing] Add toolbar for basic formating options (horizontal line, bold italics underline strikethrough, etc.) Ideally, this should be HTML underneath so that I can just copy/paste HTML text from/to a web browser or editor, but I can live with just a basic RTF editor.
kranor

Postby kranor » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

One of the key parts of Cintanotes design is that it is not a tree based hierarchical note taking App. There already far too many note taking apps of that ilk available, Cinta was intended to be different.

The list on the left hand side is not a tree list. But a list of tags independently assigned to notes.

There have been discussions of using some form of auto tagging but currently this would be session based not title based.

Suggestions have been made to use 'Status indicators' and are being looked at by the developer.

Hyperlink recognition is on the Roadmap as item #144

I feel that a lot of your suggestions would be taking CintaNotes away from its core design philosophy.

I think you should have a look at the Design Philosophy and the Roadmap This would help you understand the design and direction that CintaNotes is heading for. :D
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Will do, thanks.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”