Cannot find backup file

dmt

Cannot find backup file

Postby dmt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Love your product it's great for people like me who live by my lists!! (and checking things off, of course!). I actually checked something off accidentally. I wanted to move it, I thought I had cut it and was going to paste, but I deleted it and now I don't remember what it was. That's a big problem if I lose my file, that's like my losing my mind!!!

I wanted to check my weekly backup because it would be in there....but I cannot find the backup files. I searched (Windows Vista Home Edition). I looked in Cinta notes Program files. Can't find it. Where are the backups located and how do I use them? I don't want to restore I just want to check one item on one note......?thanks
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Cannot find backup file

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello dmt,

I think this part of CintaNotes help can give you a hint where to look:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:
If you've installed CintaNotes into the "C:\Program Files" folder, the files cintanotes.db and cintanotes.settings will be located at the following path: C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CintaNotes\. This is because on these systems writing into the Program Files folder is restricted.
Alex
dmt

Postby dmt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks. Actually I needed to read the help file ;)
I learned how to import the backup...I still could not find the file in the location you mention but it is in Cinta Notes file..just does not show up when I search.
Anyway, I should be pulling the backup using the import function, which I did. thanks!!
danielson

Postby danielson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Wouldn' it make things easier to have the option of setting the backup file where we want it to be?

I place practically every data file in "my documents" this way i know that everything important is backed up.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Advanced configuration

Some options of CintaNotes can only be set via editing the cintanotes.settings file. Be sure to edit it using a Unicode-aware text editor (e.g. Notepad).

backup.folder
Folder CintaNotes writes backup files to ("backup" by default). Both relative (e.g. "..\..\backup") and absolute (e.g. "f:\backups\cn") paths are supported.

http://cintanotes.com/cintanotes.htm
Alex
danielson

Postby danielson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 pm

I understand, but what i meant to say was to place an option directly in the program interface.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Ah, ok, I see now. Added to the roadmap: http://cintanotes.userecho.com/feedback/7075-/
Thanks!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”