Note edit window size

david_c
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 am
Contact:

Note edit window size

Postby david_c » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Rather than having a fixed-size edit window, I suggest shrinking or expanding the note edit window to accommodate the amount of text (let the user choose the maximum size limit).
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Note edit window size

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 am

david_c wrote:Rather than having a fixed-size edit window, I suggest shrinking or expanding the note edit window to accommodate the amount of text (let the user choose the maximum size limit).

Interesting idea! But it won't be convenient in the following case: you open a relatively small note (thus the edit window is small), and append lots of text. You'll have to enter all this text into a very small window. Any ideas how to deal with this situation?
Alex
Midas
Moderator
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: Note edit window size

Postby Midas » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
david_c wrote:Rather than having a fixed-size edit window, I suggest shrinking or expanding the note edit window to accommodate the amount of text (let the user choose the maximum size limit).

Interesting idea! But it won't be convenient in the following case: you open a relatively small note (thus the edit window is small), and append lots of text. You'll have to enter all this text into a very small window. Any ideas how to deal with this situation?

Auto-expansion?!? :?
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Note edit window size

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Midas wrote:
CintaNotes Developer wrote:
david_c wrote:Rather than having a fixed-size edit window, I suggest shrinking or expanding the note edit window to accommodate the amount of text (let the user choose the maximum size limit).

Interesting idea! But it won't be convenient in the following case: you open a relatively small note (thus the edit window is small), and append lots of text. You'll have to enter all this text into a very small window. Any ideas how to deal with this situation?

Auto-expansion?!? :?


Very messy to implement and there are much more needed features than this I guess..
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”