Some ideas

david2

Some ideas

Postby david2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi, i am David2, and i am a lucky user of your soft.

Sorry for the bad english, the reason is what i´m from Argentine, and we speak spanish...however, i`m try to do my best, so, please ignore the lot of gramatical horrors in this post...

I See one hundred of notes programs (literally) and CintaNotes is my favourite Note tool. I follow CN from Beta4, and this grow too much!

Now, a list of ideas what i considering useful in concordance with my user experience:

> Search function into Note window
> Option for export/print selected/all note(s)
> Multiple notebooks (¿maybe a Tab menu?, ¿categorys?)
> Copy to Clipboard function in the note window
> "Drag and Drop" (copy/paste) option, from title of Notes to an external program
> Opinion: Because Notes now support links, transform the "Link" field, to "Shortcut to File" (relative path) field or use this space for others functions buttons (¿search box?).

Thank you for this excelent program!

PD: If you need a translator, you know... (only spanish, of course :P )
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Some ideas

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Hello david2,

sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier. iMuchas gracias y me alegro mucho que te gusta la programa! :P

> Search function into Note window
Is already on the roadmap.

> Option for export/print selected/all note(s)
Export - already implemented in BetaM8. Note printing is on the roadmap.

> Multiple notebooks (¿maybe a Tab menu?, ¿categorys?)
Both multiple notebook support and tab-based categories are already planned.

> Copy to Clipboard function in the note window
What do you mean? Ctrl+C should work now.

> "Drag and Drop" (copy/paste) option, from title of Notes to an external program
Copy/Paste works now. As for drag and drop, I've put it on the roadmap.

> Opinion: Because Notes now support links, transform the "Link" field, to "Shortcut to File" (relative path) field or use this space for others functions buttons (¿search box?).
Having a separate field enables the F3 shortcut, and Alt-clicking. Otherwise CintaNotes wouldn't know which link to follow.
Alex
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:> Opinion: Because Notes now support links, transform the "Link" field, to "Shortcut to File" (relative path) field or use this space for others functions buttons (¿search box?).
Having a separate field enables the F3 shortcut, and Alt-clicking. Otherwise CintaNotes wouldn't know which link to follow.

I was using the F3 key but didn't realize I could ALT click the title bar of a note to go to the link in the link field, nice! But not quite as clean as just clicking on the blue arrow like in the link box of the note editor...
-Todd
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 pm

toddclausen wrote:I was using the F3 key but didn't realize I could ALT click the title bar of a note to go to the link in the link field, nice! But not quite as clean as just clicking on the blue arrow like in the link box of the note editor...

Yes, I know, its on the roadmap as well. The notes list just does not support any mouse-interactivity on sub-note level right now, the whole subsystem needs to be developed yet. But it will be done eventually..)

BTW you don't have to Alt-click the titlebar, you can Alt-click anywhere on the note..
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”