Improvement to Drag & drop text within a note

Forum rules
1. Please keep it one request/suggestion per topic.
2. Please mark the requests with the following tags:
[Startup] - issue related to the program's startup or shutdown process;
[Taking] and [Clipping] - related to acquiring/creating notes (excl. editing);
[Viewing] - related to notes list browsing and reading;
[Editing] - related to the process of editing new and existing notes;
[Search] - related to note searching and finding;
[Managing] - related to note organization and management;
[Reordering/Sorting] - related to sorting or reordering the notes list;
[Clipboard] - clipboard operations;
[Import] and [Export] - issue related to bulk notes import/export;
[Globalization] - issues related to multiple languages/cultures support;
[Files] and [Backup] - file operations,notes back-end and backup;
[UI] - UI issues which don't fall into any of the above categories;
[Other] - other issues which don't fall into any of the above categories.

Thank you!
AlanT

Improvement to Drag & drop text within a note

Postby AlanT » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:06 pm

First, let me say how happy I am to have found Cintanotes. I love being able to create quick notes without having to think about how it fits into a tree structure, especially since some notes may 'fit' into multiple categories. Tags are much better for this.

I'm running into a useability issue in that what I normally do with other software isn't working here.

Okay, this is probably best described with an example.

Let's say I have a note with 20 lines of text, and I want to move line 17 so that it's positioned under line 3.

Normally, I would bring the mouse pointer to the end of line 17, click and drag the mouse up 1 line and release. Then I click the selected text and drag it to the end of line 3 and release. In other software, this results in the line of text being moved, with the line breaks preserved.

With Cintanotes, the selected text ends up on line 3 (not under it as desired), and the line break is still left on line 17 where it started. So I have to delete the original line break and manually add one between line 3 and the text I moved.

I hope what I mean is clear. If not, I'll see what I can do to improve the clarity.

What I'm looking for is the ability to select the line break with the text to be moved.

On another topic, it seems that the roadmap system wants to use a login from another system, and doesn't have an option to create one directly on that site. What's the logic for this? There are a few items I'd vote for, but not if I have to create a login elsewhere just to do so.

Thanks again for creating what looks to be a highly useful piece of software.

- Alan
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Improvement to Drag & drop text within a note

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:56 am

Hi Alan,
Thanks for all the kind words, and welcome to the forum!

AlanT wrote:I'm running into a useability issue in that what I normally do with other software isn't working here.[...]

This seems to be a bug. Thanks for reporting it. I've added it to our issue tracker and it will be fixed in one of the upcoming versions. Thanks!

AlanT wrote:On another topic, it seems that the roadmap system wants to use a login from another system, and doesn't have an option to create one directly on that site. What's the logic for this? There are a few items I'd vote for, but not if I have to create a login elsewhere just to do so.
Thanks again for creating what looks to be a highly useful piece of software.

I understand the inconvenience very well. We plan to implement single sign-on in the future, however it looks to require more resources than we can afford now. Currently UserEcho supports logging in via OpenID, Google, Facebook, Twitter, MS Live ID, Yahoo, so in fact this is not a huge problem. But anyway thanks for drawing our attention to this issue.
Alex

Return to “Feature Requests”