[Clipping] Tag list attached to F12 new note

Forum rules
1. Please keep it one request/suggestion per topic.
2. Please mark the requests with the following tags:
[Startup] - issue related to the program's startup or shutdown process;
[Taking] and [Clipping] - related to acquiring/creating notes (excl. editing);
[Viewing] - related to notes list browsing and reading;
[Editing] - related to the process of editing new and existing notes;
[Search] - related to note searching and finding;
[Managing] - related to note organization and management;
[Reordering/Sorting] - related to sorting or reordering the notes list;
[Clipboard] - clipboard operations;
[Import] and [Export] - issue related to bulk notes import/export;
[Globalization] - issues related to multiple languages/cultures support;
[Files] and [Backup] - file operations,notes back-end and backup;
[UI] - UI issues which don't fall into any of the above categories;
[Other] - other issues which don't fall into any of the above categories.

Thank you!
Smithy

[Clipping] Tag list attached to F12 new note

Postby Smithy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Everyone, I thought I'd join to add a quick bit of feedback here.

First came across CN about a year ago and very quickly it became my web page bookmarker of choice.

I'm very happy to add my 10 cents worth, because there is an area that I find a tad frustrating. If this is not too difficult to implement maybe it will help useability!

I use CN to bookmark important text in web pages. That is, when I come across something I want to remember, I highlight the appropriate text and press F12. Then, however, I mostly have to press F11 as well, to remind myself of the correct TAG to use. Tags are very important I have too many to remember and have to remind myself which one to use, so I have to additionally open up CN to view them. I hope I've described that clear enough 8-)

Would it be possible to have the Tag list open up beside the new note on F12. I've just thrown together a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point. If this is already available then I am very happy :D

tags - CintaNotes.png
tags - CintaNotes.png (49.51 KiB) Viewed 8922 times

Okay so after writing all that I realise it would be very complicated because of the various Sections. In a F12 New Note I can determine which Section it is to go in, that of course would be more complicated with Tags.

I would also like to add a vote to being able to change the color of pages, as I find the layout unfortunately drab. I would find more uses for your excellent software if it had a more attractive interface. Specifically, I would like to be able to choose the colour of the various elements: page, sidebar etc.

Many thanks for great software!
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Clipping] Tag list attached to F12 new note

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

there is a rules engine (PRO version only) that might fit your needs in that it can automatically assign tags. As for the UI the next major version is in work (as far as i know) that will kick in a new fresh style. :)

Thomas
Smithy

Postby Smithy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:25 pm

It's me again, after searching I found following post with the solution I was looking for (marked in bold):

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2075&p=10461&hilit=tag#p10461

date wrote:I have stuff in different sections, of which whose contents do not relate much to each other, and consequently have a different set of tags.

When I'm assigning tags to a note, I use Ctrl-space to help me select the appropiate tags (and not forget some.)

Phew! What an extensive list of keyboard shortcuts, time to start learning them all.

Apologies for suggesting a redundant feature 8-)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 am

Hi Smithy,

Indeed, you can see the list of all tags with Ctrl+Space. I'm glad that this resolves the issue for you!

Thomas, thanks for stepping in!
Alex

Return to “Feature Requests”