Search textbox and list focus

ale

Search textbox and list focus

Postby ale » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am

I would like to describe a usability problem which I sometimes experience. I will attach a couple of screenshots to describe it but being an articificial notebook it may not be very clear so please bear with me :mrgreen:
With a real life notebook the "glitch" is more clear and "disturbing"
sshot-1.png
sshot-1.png (17.88 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

Here I typed "abc" in the search box so... 1) I have a filtered view because of matched "abc" text in the body of a note (good) 2) Tag completition suggests tag "abcd" because another note is tagged "abcd" (good)

Now let's suppose typing this "abc" is enough for me to identify the note I was looking for, and the note is the one in the list. What will happen if I click on that note? (look at the mouse cursor)

CintaNotes does not focus and click the list but the focus is on the tag suggested in the search box, it's the tag being "clicked" and in fact the note with that tag appears in the list, screenshot 2 is after clicking
sshot-2.png
sshot-2.png (17.61 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

So I have a note completely unrelated with what my brain was looking for.

By the way if we test for example Firefox and its address bar, with the same situation, the click it's not performed on the address bar, the input focus/click is performed where the mouse arrow is.

What's the "right" behaviour? What do you think Alex? :)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Search textbox and list focus

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi ale,
thanks for your post! I think that it is very close to being a bug. I will try to fix this glich in the upcoming version, should be not hard to do.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”