Cintanotes and XChat

HJKL

Cintanotes and XChat

Postby HJKL » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi. I'm having trouble clipping text from XChat-WDK (http://www.xchat-wdk.org/), which is a popular windows build of the XChat irc client.

In the XChat window I can select text, which will be put into the clipboard if I ctrl+C as normal. If I try ctrl+F12 though I get a new Cintanote with the XChat window title but no clipped text.

I'm using version 1.6 of Cintanotes and the XChat-WDK 1503 x64 build. Any help would be appreciated although I understand it's perfectly possible the problem's on XChat's end.

PS, congratulations on your first commerical version :D :D

edit: it turns out the selected text IS still put into the clipboard when I do ctrl+F12, but it's not added to the note automatically :shock:
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Cintanotes and XChat

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks for the report!
I'll investigate why the clipping is not working.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 am

OK I have found what was the problem.
Turns out, XChat uses Ctrl+Shift+C to copy text to clipboard instead of Ctrl+C.
Will be fixed soon in CN 1.6.1!
Alex
HJKL

Postby HJKL » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:33 am

Strange, I can copy with just ctrl+C in my XChat :O

Glad you found a solution anyway, I'll report back when 1.6.1's up. Thanks.
HJKL

Postby HJKL » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry to be a bother, this doesn't seem to be working still with 1.6.1 and XChat-WDK 1503 (same version as before, latest)

I've tried changing the clipping hotkey to see if there was some conflict with that but issue remains. As I said before, text selected in XChat IS added to the clipboard so it's not the hugest issue as I can just do ctrl+V afterwards, but it's very strange that it's not put into the new note automatically.

Any suggestions of something else that might be causing it would be welcome, thanks.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 am

Hmm, I've just checked again - on my machine (Win7 x64) 1.6.1 clips text from XChat without any problems, using Ctrl+F12 (and Win+S).
Please try changing your clipping hotkey.
Have you tried it on another PC?
Alex
HJKL

Postby HJKL » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I seem to have found the difference, for me it works in the x86 build of XChat and not in the x64 build.

I tried both versions on two different machines (both running Windows 7 64 bit) and on both the x86 worked as intended and the x64 didn't. Obviously this makes it the lowest of the low priority things to fix since there's no good reason to use x64 xchat over x86 as far as I can tell but maybe it'll help you diagnose something else down the line.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Bug Reports”