CintaNotes 1.6.1: SQLite read-only & Class Error

davideps

CintaNotes 1.6.1: SQLite read-only & Class Error

Postby davideps » Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I used a sqlite database browser to import 3,000 notes and 140 tags into CintaNotes. The tags did not work properly so I exported as xml and imported that file. All tags worked normally afterward.

Additionally, I sometimes open a Microsoft Access database linked to my CintaNotes sqlite file via ODBC. I've used this to conduct mass changes to note contents. I assumed the following two errors were due to the ODBC link, but they appear to happen randomly whether Access is open or not, sometimes 20 or 30 minutes since I closed Access.

When I have a note open and add material, sometimes I get a "SQLite read-only" error when closing the note. I still see the note in my list, but doubt it wrote any of the new material into the SQLite database. If I try to save the database under a new name, I get the following error:

class err: InvalidStateException Precondition failed: ui::Window::getHwnd isAttached()

Eventually, I just give up, close the application, and retype the new material. But, it happens occasionally--again and again. Other than this very annoying bug, I like the application a lot. I especially like that you are using a standard file format (sqlite) that allows me to import my data and make changes in ways not yet supported by the application.

-david
davideps

Re: CintaNotes 1.6.1: SQLite read-only & Class Error

Postby davideps » Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 am

I should add that I'm using 32-bit Vista
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: CintaNotes 1.6.1: SQLite read-only & Class Error

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 am

Hi David,

thanks a lot for the report. However I'm having trouble reproducing this problem.
Could you come up with a step-by-step algorithm for getting this error? Thanks!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”