Date Dialog activation

Thomas Lohrum

Date Dialog activation

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Open a note. Open the date-edit-dialog. Switch back to CN's main window. Double-click that note again. Now the focus is in the note editor, but you can't do anything useful, because it is blocked by the date-edit-dialog, which should have the focus in that case.
Thomas Lohrum

Re: Date Dialog activation

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 pm

There is another related issue when using the date-edit-dialog from the notes list. When having the notes list and the date-edit-dialog open, use the shortcut for CN's main window. CN disappears, while the date-dialog stays. Use the shortcut again CN's main window returns having the focus. The date-dialog stays in the foreground, not having the focus. I can not tell what is actually to do best. With the introduction of the date-edit-dialog a new kind of non-modal-window was introduced too, which leads to strange behaviour in certain circumstances. Tested with v1.7.1.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Open a note. Open the date-edit-dialog. Switch back to CN's main window. Double-click that note again. Now the focus is in the note editor, but you can't do anything useful, because it is blocked by the date-edit-dialog, which should have the focus in that case.

I confirm that the focus is in the wrong window. We'll fix this, thanks!

Thomas Lohrum wrote:There is another related issue when using the date-edit-dialog from the notes list. When having the notes list and the date-edit-dialog open, use the shortcut for CN's main window. CN disappears, while the date-dialog stays. Use the shortcut again CN's main window returns having the focus. The date-dialog stays in the foreground, not having the focus. I can not tell what is actually to do best. With the introduction of the date-edit-dialog a new kind of non-modal-window was introduced too, which leads to strange behaviour in certain circumstances. Tested with v1.7.1.

Sorry I can't reproduce: "CN disappears, while the date-dialog stays." - doesn't happen, on the opposite, the notes list comes to the foreground.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Sorry I can't reproduce: "CN disappears, while the date-dialog stays." - doesn't happen, on the opposite, the notes list comes to the foreground.

Steps to reproduce:
  • CN is minimized
  • use Ctrl+Alt+F12 for main window
  • open date dialog with Alt+Enter
  • use Ctrl+Alt+F12 for main window, now the main window gains the focus
  • use Ctrl+Alt+F12 for main window, now the main window minimizes
  • use Ctrl+Alt+F12 for main window, now the main window gains the focus, but the date dialog should have the focus
  • use Ctrl+Alt+F12 for main window, the main window still has the focus, but the date dialog should have the focus

The same bug is true for other modal-windows, e.g "options\notes list".

Possible Solutions
  • while a modal-window is open don't allow minimizing of main-window
  • when CN restores, the last modal-window must gain focus

Imo the first option is more common and easier to implement.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 am

Thanks for the steps, now I could repro the problem.
I agree that option 1 is the way to go here. Will be fixed in the next update!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”