[Taking] and [Clipping] create note all text highlighted!

coco

[Taking] and [Clipping] create note all text highlighted!

Postby coco » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

Since version 1.8.2 :
1] Create a new note , all selected text will be stored (permanent) highlighted in cinta notes.
2] Can't switch off highlighted text ( format text)
3] Modify old notes will generate also all highlighted text for that note.
After re-install cinta notes , same results
Cinta notes 1.8.3 Beta , same results
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Taking] and [Clipping] create note all text highlighte

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 am

Hi coco,

thanks for the report! Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem as you describe it, so I need more data.
Could you please:
1) Describe step-by-step how to get the problem;
2) Post a screenshot;
3) Send me your cintanotes.settings file?

Thanks!
Alex
coco

Postby coco » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:47 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi coco,

thanks for the report! Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem as you describe it, so I need more data.
Could you please:
2) Post a screenshot;

Thanks!

Alex I found the issue/problem , but I can't resolv :(
Cinta notes is running on a Win-7 desktop
And ( now it comes :) ) , the Window Color and Appearance is not default ( the "Window Text" background is light-brown ) , if I set this back to default (color white) , than it run as expected! But when you change it to any other color than default you got the issue I already described.
Strange that this windows-7 setting never before has given a problem!
(see for my actions/screencaptures the uploaded word file : cinta_demo )
( cintanotes.settings also uploaded )
extra info :
I have , try this on an other win-7 PC environment ( also with a changed default Color Appearance) , it gives same result (highlight text) , so I think you can reproduce this issue too.
BTW if you change a old note this highlight "effect" also appear, it happens in the "saving" fase of a note.
ALex, do you have a old 1.7.2 version somewhere for me ? , so I can still use/edit cinta-notes in the meantime. thx for the effort.
coco

Postby coco » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm

coco wrote:
CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi coco,

Could you please:
2) Post a screenshot;

Thanks!

Alex I found the issue/problem , but I can't resolv :(
Cinta notes is running on a Win-7 desktop
And ( now it comes :) ) , the Window Color and Appearance is not default ( the "Window Text" background is light-brown ) , if I set this back to default (color white) , than it run as expected! But when you change it to any other color than default you got the issue I already described.
Strange that this windows-7 setting never before has given a problem!
(see for my actions/screencaptures the uploaded word file : cinta_demo )
( cintanotes.settings also uploaded )
extra info :
I have , try this on an other win-7 PC environment ( also with a changed default Color Appearance) , it gives same result (highlight text) , so I think you can reproduce this issue too.
BTW if you change a old note this highlight "effect" also appear, it happens in the "saving" fase of a note.
ALex, do you have a old 1.7.2 version somewhere for me ? , so I can still use/edit cinta-notes in the meantime. thx for the effort.

More complications!
I found a old version 1-7-1 CintaNotes, but now I get the error message "Was created by a newer version of CintaNotes!"
So now I can only access my CintaNotes.db with 1-8-2 , And use it only in the "read mode" the CintaNotes.db without changing the content into highlight text. I can not go forward or backward, "checkmate!" ( it is a bad day for me today.... )
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi coco,

first, you can use XML export to go back to 1.7.1: run 1.8.2, export to XML, run 1.7.1, import from XML. It's that simple :)

second, I'm still having trouble reproducing this problem. Although with non-white window background CN look horrible, no text highlight happens. So need more specific, step-by-step instructions. Thanks!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”