Ctl-Tab deletes selection if only one line is selected.

Mark S.

Ctl-Tab deletes selection if only one line is selected.

Postby Mark S. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 pm

I suppose this could be a "feature". If you select 2 lines and use Ctl-tab, it indents the two lines. But if you have only one line selected and use Ctl-tab, it deletes the line (or, perhaps, replaces it with a tab character).

So you have to remember to select the line you want AND the line above/below.

Thanks,
Mark
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Ctl-Tab deletes selection if only one line is selected.

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 am

Mark, thanks for your input!
Well actually to indent only one line, you don't need to select anything - just place the cursor at line start and press Ctrl+Tab.
Does this solve the issue for you, or do you still think that the program's behavior should be changed?
Alex
Mark S.

Re: Ctl-Tab deletes selection if only one line is selected.

Postby Mark S. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Mark, thanks for your input!
Well actually to indent only one line, you don't need to select anything - just place the cursor at line start and press Ctrl+Tab.
Does this solve the issue for you, or do you still think that the program's behavior should be changed?

It could be worse ;-)

When you select lines, its not always easy to tell whether you are selecting 2 lines or if you are selecting one wrapped line. It slows the work flow to have to use 2 different techniques to achieve essentially the same goal. But, it could be worse ... I suppose there are more important things ;-)

Another related anomaly is that if you chose a set of lines AND a line break (because you want to make sure you have at least 2 real lines) that CN will ALSO indent the lines FOLLOWING the line break. Using Ctl-Z will then move just the following lines back and everything will be OK. But having to press control-Z every time is an added keystroke. Let me know if I should provide screen snap shots.

Thanks!
Mark

Return to “Bug Reports”