Search- and sort prefs lost after tabchng/restart (2.0 lic.)

PeeWee678

Search- and sort prefs lost after tabchng/restart (2.0 lic.)

Postby PeeWee678 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 pm

For years I've been an avid user of Cintanotes. Just bought myself v 2.0 with a personal license!

However I'm afraid I've found a few nasty little bugs probably all related to the TABS (correction: read "section" where I write "tab"):

1. Click on magnifier in search bar and choose a search method. After changing tabs and going back to this tab, this setting is now gone (resets to "anywhere"). This one is not a real problem for me personally (I always use that sort order) but I can imagine not everyone is happy with this.

2. Click on magnifier in search bar and set "search inside words" (do it for one or multiple tabs). After restarting Cintanotes, this setting is gone for all tabs. I really don't like this one because I like to have it always set to "search inside words").

3. After setting (one or multiple) tabs to sort order: "modified", all tabs except one reset to "created" after restarting Cintanotes (I noticed there's only one setting stored for this in the settings file so I guess it's not meant to remember this for all tabs individually but for now the behaviour is kind off strange, I haven't tested if there's a logic as to which tab it remembers the "modified" setting and which one's are getting reset).

4. Not sure if this one is a bug but Importing an existing .db file in a specific tab doesn't work. It gets imported in the main tab. Didn't test this further but that's what I've noticed when importing my old .db's. Did I do something wrong? (in the end I used a workaround with temporary tags to select and move imported batches).

As far as bugs 1-3 are concerned: The fact that it's possible to set those prefs for all tabs individually implies there must be a mechanism wich remembers those prefs after tab switching and after restarting the app or am I wrong here?

I hope these are really bugs and not normal behaviour...Thanks in advance for adressing the issues.
(sorry for the bad English).

Marcel
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Search- and sort prefs lost after tabchng/restart (2.0 l

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Marcel,

thanks for the report!

1. I confirm this is a bug, the search scope should be remembered for each tab individually. We'll fix it in the next update.
2. I confirm this too. However I wonder if having just one common setting for all tabs would be better than setting it individually.
However probably it would be confusing since everything else is tab-specific.
3. Yes fixing this is already in plans. Hopefully we'll manage to finish it till the next update. In any case you can count on it in 2.0.2.

Thanks again!
Alex
PeeWee678

Postby PeeWee678 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds ridiculously good :D
off topic: I rarely buy software (and that's an understatement...) but I've used Cintanotes for such a long time and so often that I decided to buy it (and because of the sections / tabs ofcourse). Great work!

Greetings,
Marcel
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 am

Marcel, thank you for supporting us, you help is really appreciated - it allows us to continue making CintaNotes even better.
Thanks!
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 am

The issues above should be fixed in v.2.0.2 - please check it out!
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:18 am

Even more fixes to this in new Beta 2: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1537
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”